Forums > Game Forums > RoboCop > This should be made into two different entries.

Neville (3554) on 6/29/2013 6:14 PM · Permalink · Report

I think I've mentioned this before, but here it goes: what you guys have here are actually several different games mixed up:

1) The Ocean Software game. Basically, that's all the 8-bit versions plus the PC CGA and GameBoy. Ocean Software developed all these from a beta version of the Data East arcade and are different from it, also including a puzzle sequence, something Ocean used to do with their movie tie-ins.

2) The Atari ST, Amiga and PC EGA versions, which carry Data East's name and are actually conversions of the arcade machine by Data East.

3) The NES version, which I think is different from the other two.

Terok Nor (41954) on 6/29/2013 6:40 PM · Permalink · Report

A split correction for the Ocean version has been pending for eight months. A new entry for NES/CoCo still has to be made, though.

Regarding the two DOS versions: very interesting, I never knew there were two. The question is where they were released. The Data East version probably in the US, and the Ocean version in Europe, but can we be sure unless we see some packaging?

That also indicates that the release info is wrong, because it seems Astros only ported the Ocean version, not the Data East version.

Neville (3554) on 6/30/2013 1:47 PM · Permalink · Report

I hadn't heard of the PC CGA version either until a few days ago, when I found this little blog in Spanish:

http://agamenon3.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/robocop-edicion-europea.html

The author claims it's a rare European version, but I don't know what his sources are.