DescriptionS.D.I. takes place in the year 2017 of an alternate timeline, in which the Soviet Union continued to exist and pose a threat to the countries of the free world. USA launched another Strategic Defense Initiative, its commander-in-chief being General Sloan McCormick. A Soviet extremist group consisting of KGB members has gained control of space launch facilities, and began firing nuclear missiles at America. McCormick must fulfill his duty, but his heart belongs to a woman who is on the opposing side. He controls a space-based fighter, trying to neutralize enemy missiles. Defense satellites must be repaired as well, and enemy bases infiltrated in order to rescue his beloved one and save his nation and the world.
There are no promo images for this game
- "SDI" -- Title Screen title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Tilt||Jun, 1987||16 out of 20||80|
|Commodore User||Jun, 1987||7 out of 10||70|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Mar, 1987||8 out of 12||67|
|The Games Machine (UK)||Sep, 1989||57 out of 100||57|
There are currently no topics for this game.
TriviaS.D.I. is an abbreviation for "Strategic Defense Initiative".
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Cinemaware, USA, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; game packaging; screenshots; additional material.)
- S.D.I. at cinemaware.com (S.D.I.'s entry at the uber-fan site cinemaware.com)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.