DescriptionThis is Dizzy's second adventure. Dizzy is a cute little egg character who must explore the strange magic kingdom that is Treasure Island, solving problems and puzzles in order to escape from there. Dizzy must journey through haunted mines, tree villages, and underwater caverns in order to find hidden treasures. They will be used as bargain items to buy parts for the boat. The secondary goal is to collect 30 coins so he can pay the bribe in order to safely get off the island.
Unlike the other installments in the series the player has only one life without any energy bars to complete the game and is unable to select any particular item from the inventory for use. Items are rolled up through the inventory so the top one is used or dropped.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Magic Island Dizzy" -- Working title
- "Dizzy 2" -- Informal name
Part of the Following Groups
|A completely different game (compared to the Spectrum version)||Nowhere Girl (5659)|
|Zero||Mar, 1990||78 out of 100||78|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Feb, 1990||9.4 out of 12||78|
|Génération 4||Mar, 1990||74 out of 100||74|
|Amiga Joker||Mar, 1990||71 out of 100||71|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Amiga version inlayThe French and German instructions on the inlay of the Amiga version tell to insert the BMX Simulator disk.
Windows versionIn December 2004, Codemasters released the C64 version of the game for Windows machines, using the CCS-C64 emulator, as a Christmas gift.
- Commodore Format
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #47 in The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
Related Web Sites
- DizzyAGE (DizzyAGE is a set of tools used to create Dizzy games in the classic adventure style. Visit the official website and you can download Dizzy fan games, including remakes of some of the originals.)
- Dizzy's Domain (Features lots of information on the various Dizzy games)
- NES Player - Treasure Island Dizzy (Shrine site with information about the game.)