DescriptionUMS (Universal Military Simulator) attempts to cover the ground of games like Empire and go beyond, simulating almost every aspect of warfare in a realistic manner. Battles can range from ancient history to a science-fiction future, with famed battled such as Gettysburg and the Battle of Hastings built in. The view system operates at multiple levels, from a single unit up to the whole theater.
However, there is no naval element whatsoever and the design pays little attention to extremely important wargaming concepts like fog of war.
The game spawned a sequel, UMS II.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Historical conflict: American Civil War
- Historical conflict: Napoleonic Wars
- Setting: Classical Greece
- UMS series
There are no reviews for the Amiga release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|The Games Machine (UK)||Feb, 1989||91 out of 100||91|
|Compute's Amiga Resource||Jun, 1989||15 out of 20||75|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||1990||72 out of 100||72|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Oct, 1990||50|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Apple IIgs port?||1||Rola (8304)
Mar 29, 2012
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Strategy Games (editorial staff choice)