Written by  :  Daisy Belle (3)
Written on  :  Dec 20, 2018
Platform  :  Android
read more reviews by Daisy Belle

Summary

Fun until money is gone

The Good

The concept is simple and rewarding while the various challenges are great in keeping the attention of a child (...or adult ;-) )! Over 100 games exist for entertainment longevity.

The Bad

The developer stopped updating the game to stay relevant in Amazon's AppStore. ALL the money I spent for it (I used the game as a homework "reward" for a moderate-to-severe autistic child I oversaw and it was really beneficial to his understanding of schoolwork by reinforcing the day's lessons) disappeared the second I bought the new 2017 Kindle and Amazon was unable to help, stating it's a developer problem, NOT an issue with their cloud. The developer(s) did not respond to any attempts to reach him/them, which I found pretty insulting considering they have my money. I would have appreciated notice before it happened! Do you understand how difficult and distressful it is to an autistic child when trying to explain abstract ideas?!

The Bottom Line

A great extension of the original Where's My Water? featuring Swampy! In this app, Swampy, Allie and Cranky are equally represented. There are seven different sections with individual levels and anywhere from one to three challenges (that require six to nine ducks collected) within each level, for about 100 different games. The levels are: Sewer, Soap Factory, Beach, Bayou, Woods, Pirate Cove and Party. About every two levels, you have to buy a "key" (for 2013/2014 Amazon Kindles, that's $0.99 + tax) to progress further into the game.