🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set > ACS lives on through the ACK community!

Dixie Craft on 6/3/2012 2:22 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

All fans of the legendary Stuart Smith's Adventure Construction Set are encouraged to join the Chris Hopkin's Adventure Creation Kit game making/sharing community over at Rob Sherwin's Jolt Country Forums.

http://www.joltcountry.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=16

Rob Sherwin is a talented Interactive Fiction author and has been running his forum since before there were web pages! It began as a dial up bbs [bulletin board system]. All of it's original members are still there to this day!

It is an honor to Chris and the rest of the ACK community that Rob was so impressed by Adventure Creation Kit that he gave it it's own forum on his historic forum. If you want a place rich in electronic history peopled by pioneers of cyberspace who grew up with the same music, movies, games and culture you did, then Jolt Country is for you.

And if you've been wanting to create and share or just play ACS style adventures the Adventure Creation Kit works on modern systems with no hassle! And it is truly retro. 8bit, 16x16 tile graphics and even the editors work the same as they did in ACS. Main difference is Chris allowed for ACK to handle 256 colors, modern sound files, and even transparency! Mr. Smith would be proud if anyone could find him to tell him. :D

Well, hope to see you there! I go by Garth's Equipment Shop on Jolt Country and I have a facebook accnt dedicated to retro games under the name Dixie Craft. You can also email me at [email protected].

Pseudo_Intellectual (66362) on 6/3/2012 2:35 AM · Permalink · Report

The way to promote this product here in a way that won't come across as drive-by spamming is to submit an entry for Adventure Creation Kit (games included), and for the Ultima 4 parody that has been completed with it. (Then they get a group for games created with the product, and the ball starts rolling.)