TAC: Tactical Armor Command Ad Blurbs (Apple II)
Advertising BlurbsBack of Box - Atari 8-bit (US):
One last tug to the helmet strap — a reassuring glance at the line of powerful steel monster and you know all is ready. From your command hatch you raise your hand and order "forward!". The air suddenly fills with the roar of engines and the rumble of treads, as the mighty dreadnaughts of the land start forward. You command a team of your country's finest armored vehicles in a mission to search and destroy the enemy.
- T.A.C. can be played solitaire against the computer or as a two player (or two team) game with the computer as mediator.
- The most important armored vehicles of Britain, Russia, U.S. and Germany are available to command-40 in all.
- Choose from five different scenarios to play. Actions range from open meeting engagements to assaults against prepared positions.
- You pick the sides. You choose the weapons. A simple purchasing system has been provided to let you "buy" what you want in balance with your opponent.
- The results of combat are determined by the computer. It factors such critical elements as range. armor thickness (front, rear and flanks), tracking time, the speed and maneuvers of both the firing and target units, visibility and weapon adjustment to determine weapon accuracy.
- Special options include hidden movement, improved positions, smoke mortars, minefields, close assaults, overruns and indirect fire.
T.A.C. is a game of World War II tactical armored combat. You pick a nation (from among the four major combatants—Britain, U.S.A, Germany and Russia). You build a combat team from their most powerful tanks, assault guns and tank destroyers. You command the team you've created in major operations against the forces of the enemy.
All the famous vehicles of the second world war are here—Tigers, Panthers, Shermans and JS II's; Jagdpanthers, SU 152's, Fireflies and T 34's, just to name a few. They have all been thoroughly researched and their important features programmed into the game. Each vehicle is distinguished by such elements as armor thickness (rear and flanks as well as front) fire power, speed, acceleration and gun traverse. Even minor points like fuel tank location can be critical.
The computer handles all the technical details. This let you concentrate on making the same kinds of decisions the real-life tank commanders made. You search tor the enemy, set your speed, aim your gun and knock out the enemy. The computer will handle all the rest.
Here are just some of the exciting features:
Each copy of T.A.C. includes a rules booklet, player aid pad and the software for your home computer. All you need to take command.
T.A.C. is ready to run on your Atari© Home Computer with 48K memory and one disk drive.
Contributed by jean-louis (50007) on Sep 23, 2019.