🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Test Drive > the father of the 90's racing games¿?

juan gabriel zelada vargas on 7/17/2008 10:51 PM · Permalink · Report

I've played this game since march of this year and I learnt how significant was this game for thr further titles relñeased before, if sombedoy could tell me if there were another title that could had influenced on the 90's driving games I would be pleased to play it. thanx

Игги Друге (46653) on 7/20/2008 10:11 PM · Permalink · Report

Out Run is one of the most significant racing games. Before that, Pole Position.

chirinea (47495) on 7/20/2008 10:18 PM · Permalink · Report

What about Enduro?

Zovni (10504) on 7/23/2008 3:15 PM · Permalink · Report

I think Test Drive's major claim to fame was that it was the first game that specifically licensed famous cars and presented itself as a virtual chance to get behind the wheel of them rather than being a fully developed racing game. Quite frankly it was really rather mediocre as a racer, you just drove around the same ridge over and over watching oncoming traffic and only if you dared to floor it the cops would show up to offer some company.

Игги Друге (46653) on 7/27/2008 12:47 AM · Permalink · Report

I think Test Drive's major claim to fame was the realistic view from behind the wheel instead of the standard car-from-behind view. It felt more like a driving simulator than a racing game.

Andrew Fisher (697) on 4/5/2023 8:50 PM · Permalink · Report

I suppose many know the cheat where you get up to a good speed then allow the cop car to get in front of you where the game would then take over the steering until you stopped and got your speeding ticket, but if you kept going you would go all the way to the next garage at a fixed speed, the computer would make even sharpest corners without having to slow down, so you could end up getting some massive scores.