DescriptionUltima I is a remake of the classic RPG Ultima from 1981. You must travel to another world and save the land Sosaria from the evil wizard Mondain. The game features tile based top-down overworld graphics and first person perspective pseudo-3D dungeons.
The original Ultima was re-programmed using assembly language, with updated graphics, minor changes in towns' and people's names, and some different puzzles.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Ultima I: The First Age of Darkness" -- PC-88 / PC-98 title
- "Ultima I: The Beginning..." -- Media title
Part of the Following Groups
- Enhanced remakes
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Fantasy Creatures: Orcs
- Gameplay feature: Hunger / Thirst
- Games made into books
- Physical Bonus Content: World Map
- Ultima series
- Ultima universe
There are no reviews for the Apple II release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Retro Archives||Jul 09, 2017||13 out of 20||65|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Apple IIgs Version.||4||Edwin Drost (1719)
Feb 11, 2017
|Sharp X1||2||Freeman (45930)
Jan 30, 2017
|Regaining your Health.||3||Edwin Drost (1719)
Jan 26, 2017
Jan 28, 2013
1001 Video GamesUltima I appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ExtrasOrigin, like they did with many of the Ultima games, included a "trinket" in the box. In this case the trinket consisted of a small cloth bag with five metal coins.
Related Web Sites
- Ultima 1: The First Age of Darkness Shrine (This RPG shrine has complete information on Ultima 1; information based on 1986 DOS release, but should also be useful for Apple release.)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.