Bionic Commando Trivia (Arcade)
Japanese versionThe Japanese title, Hitler no Fukkatsu, translates to say 'Top Secret: The Resurrection of Hitler'. The real plot for the game has Nazis (referred to as 'The Badds' in the North American manual) trying to resurrect Hitler, and your character trying to stop them. The red flags with a black eagle on the back really did have the swastikas on them. Nintendo almost made it through the censoring process, save for the end sequence...
- "Super Joe", who you are sent to rescue is the character from Capcom's original Commando game. Apparently without someone to insert credits to continue, he was easily captured.
- Generalissimo Killt's name might be a reference to Spanish dictator Francisco Franco, since Generalissimo was to Franco what Führer was to Hitler. Besides, Franco and Hitler collaborated together several times, first Hitler aiding Franco in the Spanish Civil War and later Franco aiding Hitler in the World War II. Another interesting fact, although in that case might be just a coincidence, is that the most representative image of Franco during the post-war is the one with him wearing a cloak, just like G. Killt.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Computer and Video Games
- Issue 06/1989 - Winner Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 8-Bit Soundtrack (reader's vote)
- Game Informer
- August 2001 (Issue #100) -#66 in the "Top 100 Games of All Time" poll