DescriptionArmageddon is based on the arcade game Missile Command where you are the commander of a Missile Battery and you have to protect six cities in this single screen shooter. Nuclear tracers fall from the top of the screen leaving behind a trail and as you move a cross-hair around the screen, you must fire a limited supply of missiles and allow them to explode in front of each trail to destroy them. If a nuclear tracer hits a city then it is destroyed and if all cities are destroyed then it is game over. A plane occasionally flies over the screen from left to right and you get bonus points for destroying it. Once a wave is over then bonus points are awarded for any cities and missiles left before being re-armed and you then protect the remaining cities from another attack. On the C64, you can choose the wind speed (0-9) before the game starts, with zero being no wind.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Feb, 1984||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Ocean, ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum, Cassette: exhibit reference ID CH26709; additional material.)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassette inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (For Commodore 64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)