Flight of the Intruder Ad Blurbs (Atari ST)
Advertising BlurbsFrom the back cover:
- Pilot A-6 Intruder attack planes or F-4 Phantom II fighters (switching between planes at any time)
- Control up to eight friendly aircraft during one mission (four A-6 Intruders and four F-4 Phantoms)
- Attack thirty-four different targets
- Study aerial photos of target areas
- Manipulate sixteen variables to determine level of difficulty
- Execute thirteen different missions OR
- Act as Commander of the Air Group to create your own missions
- Switch between multiple view perspectives (inside and outside the cockpit) complete with pan and zoom
- Use authentic weapon systems
- Take video tape recorded pictures or snapshots for mission review
- Dodge deadly enemy anti-aircraft artillery
IN 1972, AN ELITE AIR CORPS
FLEW OVER VIETNAM.
FLY WITH THE BRAVE
AND THE BOLD.
Experience the raw emotion and harrowing danger of intense air combat over North Vietnam in this simulation based on Stephen Coonts' best-selling novel, Flight of the Intruder. The time is 1972 during the Linebacker Campaign, and the actual scenarios of this simulation have been authenticated by Vietnam pilots.
You'll be accompanied by as many as seven other friendlies as you catapult off the USS Shiloh and head into hostile enemy territory. Switch between any A-6 or F-4 cockpit at any time, a feature unique to Flight of the Intruder. Choose one of thirteen different daring missions OR act as Commander of the Air Group and design your own missions.
Each mission is a vital part of the overall campaign and success is measured by operation completion and safe return of all aircraft. The enemy MiGs are merciless and the battles are chillingly lifelike - so real, you may wake up at night in a cold sweat.
Contributed by Belboz (6582) on Oct 14, 2001.
IN 1972, AN ELITE AIR CORPS FLEW OVER VIETNAM. FLY WITH THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD.
Feel the adrenaline kick in as you scream down the carrier runway. You're up! And so is your squadron of F-4's. Now nothing can stop you - except the deadly fire from those MiG 21's, SAMs and anti-aircraft flak.
Experience the raw emotion and harrowing danger of intense air combat over North Vietnam in this simulation based on Stephen Coonts' bestselling novel, Flight of the Intruder. Authenticated by Vietnam pilots who flew in the Linebacker Campaign of 1972, you won't find any other simulation so like the real thing.
Select from multiple missions or map out your own using the mission creator. Control up to eight aircraft during one mission (four A-6 Intruder bombers and four F-4 Phantom fighter interceptors). Switch from the A-6 to F-4 cockpit anytime.
Thirty-four different targets provide new challenges every time you take to the sky. Aerial photos provide a preview of the target zones. For continuous challenges, choose from 16 variables to determine the level of difficulty. Get Flight of the Intruder now and watch for the full-length motion picture coming this summer.
FREE FLIGHT OF THE INTRUDER PAPERBACK NOVEL INCLUDED
Contributed by Belboz (6582) on Apr 15, 2001.