DescriptionAn action/puzzle game, the object is to catch assorted color falling tiles and create rows, columns, or diagonals of a single color. Each level requires a different pattern to be made, and the tiles fall faster, more at a time, and in an increasing number of colors as the game progresses.
- "Midway presents Arcade Hits: Klax" -- Game Boy Color title
- "クラックス" -- Japanese spelling
There are no reviews for the Atari ST release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||May, 1990||97 out of 100||97|
|Génération 4||Apr, 1990||96 out of 100||96|
|Power Play||May, 1990||89 out of 100||89|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||May, 1990||880 out of 1000||88|
|Raze||Dec, 1990||83 out of 100||83|
|ST-Computer||Nov, 1990||8 out of 10||80|
|ST Action||Mar, 1993||78 out of 100||78|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Apr, 1990||9 out of 12||75|
|Atari ST User||Jun, 1990||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesKlax appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
Arcade versionStrictly speaking, this isn't a coin-op conversion per se, as the home and arcade versions were developed alongside each other. The top home versions (PC, Amiga and ST) are identical to the arcade game.
Atari 2600 versionAccording to AtariProtos.com, this was the last game released for the Atari 2600 by Atari. Although it was ported to the NTSC format, it was never released in that format.
- Amiga Joker
- Issue 01/1991 – #2 Best Dexterity Game in 1990
- Amiga Power
- May 1991 (Issue #00) - #26 in the "All Time Top 100 Amiga Games"
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #67 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Oddities
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1991 - Best Puzzle Game in 1990 (Amiga, Atari ST and C64 versions)
- ST Format
- Issue 01/1991 - Best Puzzle Game in 1990
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.