DescriptionThe year is 1936, and suddenly the protagonist is abducted by the Leather Goddesses for the final testing in the plan which will enslave every man and woman on earth. These Leather Goddesses of Phobos are just finishing up their plans for the invasion of Earth. If the hero fails to escape and save humanity, the Leather Goddesses will turn the Earth into their pleasure dome.
Leather Goddesses of Phobos is a text adventure with humorous overtones. The player uses standard commands in the text parser to observe his environment and pick up items. The game's 'naughtiness' level can be adjusted between Tame (G), Suggestive (PG), and Lewd (R).
There are no promo images for this game
- "LGOP" -- Informal name
- "Leather Goddesses of Phobos - a racy space-age spoof" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
- Games made into comics
- Games referenced in movies
- Games with boss key
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos series
- Setting: Space station / Spaceship
There are no reviews for the Atari ST release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Sep, 1986||9.67 out of 10||97|
|Zero||Feb, 1991||80 out of 100||80|
|Raze||Feb, 1991||62 out of 100||62|
There are currently no topics for this game.
69,105Infocom's famous 69,105 number is used in this game to refer to the number of leaves contained in the sack found in Cleveland, Ohio.
Copy protectionCopy protection for the game required the user to have access to the map and comic book that came with the game. The comic book gave the keys to solving a cryptogram in the game as well as navigating the catacombs (with the map). Without the comic the cryptogram is still fairly easy to solve. Even with the comic and map the catacombs are nearly impossible to traverse.
DevelopmentDesigner Steve Meretzky aimed to have his previous game, A Mind Forever Voyaging, generate incredible controversy over its political commentary on the conservative policies of the Reagan administration. After it generated no controversy at all, Meretzky "decided to write something with a little bit of sex in it, because nothing generates controversy like sex."
ExtrasOne of the software trinkets (called "feelies" by Infocom) was a scratch and sniff card with odors associated with the game. One such odor was, of course, leather.
- Computer Gaming World
- November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) –#10 Funniest Computer Game
- Happy Computer
- 1986 - Best Text Adventure of the Year
Information also contributed by Chris Mikesell, Sciere and Zack Green.
Related Web Sites
- Crap Shoot (A humorous review of this game and its successor on PC Gamer)
- Infocom homepage (At this site you can find information on ALL of Infocom's interactive games, Infocom related articles, sample transcripts, InvisiClue hints, walkthroughs, maps and information on buying Infocom games today.)
- Interview with Steve Meretzky (October 1986) (From UK gaming magazine Computer and Video Games.)
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos (Brief game description with 4 release dates)
- The Commodore Zone (All about the game with introduction, images, related links and comments area.)
- The Infocom Gallery (High-quality scans of the grey box package and manual of Leather Goddesses of Phobos.)
- The Leather Goddesses of Phobos Transcript ("this transcript is not from Leather Goddesses of Phobos, but it does show many of the typical commands you might use in the story. It contains several simple puzzles and their solutions, and it will give you a good idea of how Infocom's interactive fiction works. The player's commands appear in capital letters after each prompt (>). The map represents the terrain in the sample transcript as you might have drawn it. NOTE: In this sample transcript, you play a male character. In Leather Goddeses of Phobos you can be either a male or a female character.")
- Wikipedia: Leather Goddesses of Phobos (Leather Goddesses of Phobos at the free encyclopedia Wikipedia, including plot, feelies, and notes. )
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.