Starflight Ad Blurbs (Atari ST)
Advertising BlurbsAdvertisement in Family Computing, November 1986:
(Boldly go where no game has gone before.)
- Stunning graphic simulation of rotating planets, landing sequences, laser battles, and more.
- Explore 270 star systems and 800 planets with unique ecosystems. Each planet contains almost 2 million different locations.
- Choose your own crew - Science Officer, Communications Officer, Navigator, Chief Engineer, Medical Officer, and Captain.
- Includes full starmap and security decoder.
- The state-of-the-art in entertainment software. Over 15 man-years in development.
Turn Your Computer Into a Starship.
Beam Aboard, Captain.
Your starship is fueled and ready. Your crew is fully trained. You launch from Starport, heading toward the galaxy's core on a hunch. You've been chosen to seek new worlds to colonize. New resources for a homeworld gone stale.
Your navigator zeroes in on a red dwarf star. Long-range scans show three planets: a gas giant, a frozen ice world, and a blue-oceaned paradise that looks just like heaven. A good place to land.
Suddenly a klaxon sounds. "Captain, we're being scanned," says your Science Officer. A giant hologram of a squid-like creature appears on your view screen and hisses, "Prepare to die, air-breathers."
Your space odyssey has just begun.
State-of-the-art Outer Space Simulation.
Explore Strange New Worlds.
Land of different planets to collect valuable minerals, lifeform specimens, and artifacts from ancient civilizations. But keep your laser on stun - not all the locals will be glad to see you.
Talk to Aliens.
Each alien race has a unique culture, personality, and language. They can give you clues, if you can get them to trust you.
"Standard Orbit, Captain."
From hull-crushing gas giants to frozen dwarves, each star system is unique. Study your sensors carefully - there's a stiff fine for recommending colonization of boiling lava planets.
Contributed by Belboz (6582) on Apr 04, 2001.
Boldly go where no game has gone before!
- Explore 270 star systems and 800 planets with unique eco-systems.
- Interact with 7 alien taces, each with unique languages and cultures.
- Choose and train 6 ship's officers: Captain, Science Officer, Communications Officer, Navigator, Medical Officer, and Chief Engineer. Their performance improves with experience.
- Includes animated graphics of rotating planets, landing sequences, and more.
- The equivalent of 15 man-years in development.
- Includes starmap and security decoder.
...into the most far-reaching outer space adventure ever.
Explore strange new worlds. Your mission: To seek out new life, and the remnants of ancient civilizations. And to change the galaxy's future by discovering the secrets of its past.
Open a channel to the alien vessel. Each alien race has a unique language, culture, and personality. With enough training, your commications officer can make you some powerful friends.
Full power to lasers! You're ambused in hostile territory. Use diplomacy to buy time. Or let your lasers and missle do the talking.
Standard Orbit, Captain. Your science officer scans the planet surface for environmental conditions, valuable minerals, and life forms. There's a stiff fine for recommending colonization of airless lava-worlds.
Contributed by Trixter (9119) on May 12, 1999.