Not an American user?
DescriptionAutoduel is a hybrid game based on Steve Jackson Games board game Car Wars. It incorporates elements of role-playing, driving and action-based combat. The game is set in a futuristic version of USA, where gangs and vigilantes rule the wilderness, and people's only protection are armored cars with mounted weaponry. The player is cast in the role of an average person who must at first earn enough money to buy an own car, and then perform courier missions throughout the country.
The game's progression is fairly open-ended: the player is free to visit different cities, explore highways, participate in car Arena battles to earn money, take on gangsters in the wilderness, salvage car parts, etc. A few courier missions must be completed in order to advance the story. The player can construct and customize vehicles using guns, mine-layers, smokescreens, oil slicks, rockets and other accessories, choosing between various body and chassis types for the car. The entire game is viewed from a top-down perspective.
Part of the Following Groups
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Sep, 1987||9 out of 10||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Commodore 64||Nov, 1992||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Amiga||Nov, 1992||40|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Macintosh||Nov, 1992||40|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Amiga||1992||39 out of 100||39|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1992||39 out of 100||39|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1992||39 out of 100||39|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Commodore 64||1992||39 out of 100||39|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Apple II||May, 1985||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ExtrasLike most of the Origin games of the 80's, the original run of Autoduel came with a little trinket; in this particular case, a mini-'automechanic' toolkit, which actually fully functional and useful tiny screwdriver, wrench, and hammer.
Richard GarriottThis is one of Lord British's few forays outside of the Ultima series, who did this one with Chuck Bueche aka Chuckles the Clown.
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari 8-bit) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; software package; manuals; additional material.)
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; software package; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: high quality software sets digitalisations.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- Hall of Light (For Amiga: game database entry; media; screenshots; additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; cover art digitalizations; additional material.)
- Lemon Amiga (For Amiga: game database entry; manual; additional material.)
- Macintosh Garden, an abandonware games archive (For Macintosh: reviews; software package; additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (Manual) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Replacementdocs (Map) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- The Dot Eaters: Videogame History 101 (Page contains the history of Origin entry at The Dot Eaters.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms.)
Commodore 64 Credits (17 people)