DescriptionIn Azrael's Tear you play a "raptor", a futuristic thief that raids ancient archaeological sites that have as yet been untouched by man for hundreds of years and are full of treasures.
Recently, due to geological disturbances, the supposed home of the Holy Grail is partially unearthed in northern Scotland. You go in to raid it of its treasures and, provided it exists, of the Holy Grail. When you enter, the entrance caves in behind you and you are stuck inside. Ah well, nothing to do but continue on to find what you came for...
The game utilizes a true 3D engine to display your surroundings, as in Quake. It's heavy on puzzles and light on combat. As you move further on into the ruins you'll encounter ghosts of the inhabitants and hints as to what happened to cause the ruins that surround you now.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Azrael's Tear: Search for the Holy Grail" -- UK title
- "Azrael's Tear: Auf der Suche nach dem Heiligen Gral" -- German title
- "Azrael's Tear: A la Recherche du Graal" -- French title
Part of the Following Group
|While on the surface it looks badly done, this game has a lot going for it||OceansDaughter (109)||unrated|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Sep 15, 1996||92 out of 100||92|
|Just Adventure||Sep 04, 2002||A-||91|
|Pelit||Aug, 1997||86 out of 100||86|
|PC Player (Germany)||Oct, 1996||80|
|Computer Games Magazine||1996||80|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Oct, 1996||77 out of 100||77|
|PC Player (Denmark)||1996||68 out of 100||68|
|PC Joker||Oct, 1996||62 out of 100||62|
|High Score||Oct, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|GameSpot||Nov 05, 1996||5.6 out of 10||56|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|To work smoothly in XP (not too slow or fast)||6||lilalurl (732)
Jul 28, 2013
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Azrael's Tear - FAQs & Guides (on GameFAQs.com)
- Hints for Azrael's Tear (Hint file for Azrael's Tear)
- Walkthrough by Diane Griffiths (Complete Walkthrough)
- Windows XP Setup (Inferno's step-by-step guide tells you exactly how to get Azrael's Tear to play on systems with WinXP)