DescriptionThe Backyardigans: Mission to Mars is based on a CGI animated children's television series created by Nickelodeon executive Janice Burgess. The heroes are preschool age creatures whose imaginations turn their backyard into a place of adventure; in this game, Uniqua, Pablo, and Austin travel to Mars to investigate the origin of a strange signal Mission Control is picking up. Gameplay is similar to that in the Dora the Explorer games; completed mini-games move the player through the story. In this case, each mini-game brings the Backyardigans closer to the source of the strange sounds, and rewards the player with space specimens that will be analyzed on returning to earth - these specimens contain music and printable pages.
The mini-games are played with the mouse, mostly point and click, and sometimes moving the mouse to control a character or vehicle:
- Lift-off - remember and repeat a flashing light pattern to launch the shuttle
- Zero Gravity - control Austin to help him put away all the floating supplies in the right cabinets
- Shuttle Control - select the correct pre-laid path to maneuver the shuttle through obstacles in space
- Meteor Shower - drive the Rover over the Mars surface while avoiding meteorites and collecting crystals
- Amaze-ing Caves - use the mouse to move through mazes and blast boulders out of your path
- Cliff Walk - cross chasms by dragging bridge pieces into place
- Martian River Float - steer around obstacles as the Rover floats down an underground river
- Hide-and-Seek - click on items to find the Martian, and then help her find some things she's looking for
- Music - the Backyardigans want to celebrate; select an instrument for each one and listen to them play
- Analysis Machine - place space specimens on a conveyor belt to the analysis machine to discover more music and some pages to print
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Gameplay feature: "Simon says"
- Inspiration: TV cartoons
- Nickelodeon licensees
- Setting: Mars
- The Backyardigans licensees
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.