missing cover art
DescriptionThis version of Band Hero is more of a successor to the Guitar Hero: On Tour games than a port of Band Hero. The game includes 45 pop songs. Two tracks are identical to those from the console version, while some artists are present in both versions, albeit with different songs. The tracklist of the US and European versions differ: both share 15 songs, but each have 30 unique tracks.
The band consists of four artists (vocals, guitar, bass and drums) and the player takes control over one of them. While the vocals always require singing into the DS microphone, the other instruments are basically quick-time events: notes of four colours fall down the screen and the player has to press the associated buttons with the right rhythm. This is either done with the regular buttons or with the two included hardware attachments which fit into the GBA slot. In addition to the known Guitar Grip for guitar and bass players, this game introduces a drum skin (DS Lite only) which fits over the control interface and has the player tapping on four buttons. When doing well, star power is awarded which eventually allows to activate a score multiplier. Another way to get star power is playing touch screen mini games during the song.
Because there is no career mode, the player is restricted to playing single songs either in single- or multiplayer with any instrument combination. This awards money which is used to unlock more objects for the characters. However, there is an option to connect with the Wii version. Then the player can either participate in the Roadie multiplayer mode (up to two DS player try to sabotage the Wii band) or in fan requests (challenges) which unlock items for the Wii version.
There are no Nintendo DS user screenshots for this game.
There are 7 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameZone||Nov 23, 2009||7.8 out of 10||78|
|4Players.de||Nov 26, 2009||60 out of 100||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
- Everything About You - Ugly Kid Joe
- Excuse Me Mr. - No Doubt
- First Date - Blink-182
- Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
- I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
- Let's Get It Started - The Black Eyed Peas
- Manhattan - Kings of Leon
- Monkey Wrench - Foo Fighters
- No One Knows - Queens of the Stone Age
- So What - Pink
- Spaceman - The Killers
- Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
- Thnks fr th Mmrs - Fall Out Boy
- Under My Thumb (Live) - The Rolling Stones
- All You Need - Sublime
- A-Punk - Vampire Weekend
- Believe - The All-American Rejects
- Boots of Chinese Plastic - The Pretenders
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
- Get Free - The Vines
- Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
- In Too Deep - Sum 41
- Lump - The Presidents of the United States of America
- Our Truth - Lacuna Coil
- The Great Escape - Boys Like Girls
- Troublemaker - Weezer
- Two Princes - Spin Doctors
- Wannabe in L.A. - Eagles of Death Metal
- You Better Pray - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
- Club Foot - Kasabian
- Fascination - Alphabeat
- Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
- Fly Away - Lenny Kravitz
- Golden Touch - Razorlight
- Grace Kelly - Mika
- Munich - Editors
- My Favourite Game - The Cardigans
- She Will Be Loved - Maroon 5
- Song 2 - Blur
- Take What You Take - Lily Allen
- The Age of the Understatement - The Last Shadow Puppets
- Tripping - Robbie Williams
- Windows - N.E.R.D
- Yellow - Coldplay