DescriptionEarth is under fire by Colossus, a battleship the size of a city. Using powerful laser cannons, it has destroyed most of Earth's defence forces, while its many troops clean up the rest of the planet. All expect for 5 warriors.
The Battletoads, who are well aware of evil forces in the galaxy, join forces with Billy and Jimmy Lee from Double Dragon to defend Earth from the deadly ship and its troops. Using a range of special moves you must fight your way through the streets into the heart of the ship and destroy it.
Part of the Following Groups
- Animals: Frogs
- Battletoads series
- Double Dragon series
- Franchise crossovers
- Genre: Beat 'em up / Brawler
|Awesome for Battletoads fans, maybe not so great for Double Dragon fans.||NES||Bregalad (916)|
|The Video Game Critic||SNES||Oct 22, 2000||A||100|
|All Game Guide||NES||1998||90|
|Nintendo Magazine System UK||NES||1993||82 out of 100||82|
|Sega-16.com||Genesis||Jun 18, 2007||8 out of 10||80|
|Hardcore Gaming 101||NES||2000||8 out of 10||80|
|Mega Fun||Game Boy||Jul, 1994||62 out of 100||62|
|Thunderbolt Games||Genesis||Nov 21, 2004||5 out of 10||50|
|All Game Guide||SNES||1998||50|
|Total! (Germany)||SNES||Dec, 1993||3.75 out of 6||45|
|Total! (Germany)||Game Boy||Sep, 1994||4.25 out of 6||35|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Credits sources||8||Ben K (23096)
May 19, 2007
Double DragonTradewest produced Battletoads & Double Dragon with Rare without Technos Japan's supervision to use the Double Dragon characters in the game. As a result, even though the Battletoads characters were faithful to themselves (considering Rare developed this game), many of the so-called Double Dragon characters are either, misnamed or misrepresented in the game.
- A machine-gun wielding boss that resembles Willy, the main bad guy from the original Double Dragon, is named "Roper" in the game, who was a small fry enemy in the series.
- A small fry enemy in Stage 5, a fighter who wears a bandanna and throws shuriken, bears a vague resemblance to Williams in Double Dragon II, but his name is "Lopar", which was Roper's name after it was romanized in the instruction manual for the first NES game.
- A few other enemies, like the "shadow marine", "doorman of doom" and the "windowman of doom" are described in the manual as Double Dragon enemies, but in reality they never appeared in an actual installment of the series.
- The whipwoman Linda makes an appearance in the third stage, but in the manual she is given the fullname of "Linda Lash". The Lash surname has never been used in a Double Dragon and has only appeared again in the bombed live-action Double Dragon film.
- And finally, a character by the name of the "Shadow Boss" is described to be the Double Dragons' main nemesis. However, no such character was ever featured in any of the Double Dragon games. The "shadow boss" name was actually Jimmy Lee's mistranslated title in the first NES game, wherein Jimmy was the final boss in the game (a plot twist that wasn't in the original Arcade version and was ignored in subsequent versions and installments Technos made). The "Shadow Boss" in BT/DD bears a vague resemblance to Burnov, the first stage boss from Double Dragon II.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.