Amiga/Atari ST portDeveloper Mike Clarke about the Amiga/Atari ST ports:
The music for the Amiga version was created during a half-term holiday while I was still at school. I was paid £40 for each piece. Not a lot, but not bad for a school kid.
The Amiga version was a direct port from the ST version because there was no financial benefit offered to the company in utilizing the extra hardware in the Amiga.
Also, the ST/Amiga versions were created purely by playing and copying the C64 version. No maps or gameplay info was provided by System3.
Cancelled Konix portA port was in development for the never released British Konix console.
Limited EditionA limited edition version was released which included with the game a Shiraken Star, Ninjitsu Mask and an Avengers 3D Map.
ReferencesIn the first open-air screen in the office level, take a look at the sky. First there is a bird, then a plane, and finally...
Spectrum portThe Spectrum conversion was by a team lead by Mev Dinc, which is appropriate as the title of his 16-bit hit First Samurai is widely thought to be a parody of this series.
- Commodore Format
- April 1991 (Issue 7) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
- November 1994 (Issue 50) – #11 The All-Time Top 50 C64 Games
- Computer and Video Games
- Issue 06/1989 - Runner-up Golden Joystick Award 1989 for Best 8-Bit Graphics (reader's vote)
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1989 - "Sequel with an Illogical Sounding Name" Special Award
- Retro Gamer
- September 2004 (Issue #8) – #68 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)