DescriptionBlinky the purple dinosaur returns to action, as the evil Shnookwad -- thwarted but not defeated by their previous encounter -- unleashes an army of monsters upon Funky Forest. With his Box of Everlasting Doughnuts to hand and his faithful cat (named, er, Doughnut) behind him, Blinky explores sixteen colorful levels and fights four complex bosses to restore peace to his sylvan domain -- at least, for a little while.
In Blinky 2, Jeremy LaMar heavily draws on 3/4 perspective top-down material like The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past to map out a broadly linear action-adventure game, with simulated height and depth to augment the 2D environment. Each level is large and complex, often involving a journey from one location through another, winding transitional space, into a third location -- which in turn often serves as a transition to the next map. The player will journey through forests, swamps, waterfalls, dungeons, and even snake mazes -- each with its own environmental dangers and challenges, from poisonous spores to conveyor belts to huge, multi-segmented serpents.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Blinky 2: The Return of Blinky" -- Alternative title used in listings
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Blinky 2: The Return of Blinky (The Game-Maker Archive) (Extensive overview of Blinky 2, including maps, downloads, and release info.)
- Blinky Wiki (A comprehensive wiki dedicated to Jeremy LaMar's Blinky series)
- Download Blinky 2 (Free and legal download, or play online.)
- Jeremy LaMar: Doodles, Dawdles, and the Creative Cycle (An in-depth interview with Blinky author Jeremy LaMar)