Not an American user?
DescriptionOver a hundred years have passed since the events described in Blood. CABAL, the cult dedicated to the worship of the Dark God Tchernobog, has turned into a huge corporation that calls itself "CabalCo", controlling much of what is happening in the dark, futuristic city. The undead gunslinger Caleb awakens from his slumber and continues his relentless pursuit for revenge. The company CEO, an ambitious man named Gideon, will stop at nothing in order to attain the kind of power CABAL was wielding before. But in order to fulfill his plans, he must get rid of Caleb first.
Like its predecessor, Blood II is a first-person shooter with a horror theme. The game uses the LithTech engine. There is a vast variety of weapons as well as a greater number of different enemies than the previous game. The levels themselves are rather diverse as well: In the first chapter alone, the protagonist travels from an ornate museum to a huge science facility, alleys of an ominous city street, and a futuristic flying machine. The game features a dark techno soundtrack. The player may choose to play as Caleb's companions that appeared in the first game; however, cutscenes are displayed only if the player selects Caleb.
Part of the Following Groups
- 3D Engine: Lithtech 1.0
- Best of Infogrames / Atari releases
- Blood series
- BPjS / BPjM indexed games
- Games with officially released source code
- Sound engine: AIL/Miles Sound System
- Theme: Zombies
|Shooterplanet||Jun 08, 2006||89 out of 100||89|
|Gameplay (Benelux)||Jan 29, 1999||84 out of 100||84|
|PC Gamer||Feb, 1999||80 out of 100||80|
|PC Accelerator||Jan, 1999||8 out of 10||80|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jan 08, 1999||14 out of 20||70|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Nov 15, 1998||70|
|Thunderbolt Games||Nov 15, 2010||5 out of 10||50|
|Just Games Retro||Oct 29, 2008||50|
|E1M1 Magazine||Oct 24, 2020||30|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CreditsThe final credits scroll of the first release contained anti-credits that made fun of people the Monolith staff didn't like. GT Interactive made them remove this in later releases and they are were also cut out by the first patch (which is pretty much required to get the game to run correctly).
German indexOn November 30, 1999, Blood II: The Chosen was put on the infamous German index by the BPjS. More information about what this means can be found in the description.
HumourBlood II: The Chosen contains a lot of generic and cliche'd FPS elements, and the designers are self-consciously aware of this, including jokes such as a mission briefing that tells you to "push some buttons and kill some things" (that's really what it says, word for word), and a huge glowing sign advertising "Silver Key Industries."
Open Source releaseAs of 2005, Blood II: The Chosen is open source and its full code can be downloaded from the Blood 2 homepage.
ReferencesThere is a secret room in one of the levels parodying Unreal. It has a picture of a leaping Skaarj Warrior on the wall and the inscription: "I [heart] Skaarj".
Information also contributed by Maw Mickey Gabel and Xoleras
Related Web Sites
- Blood 2: The Chosen (Official game website)
- PlanetBlood (Featuring downloads, reviews, hosted sites, fan fiction/art... just about everything that has to do with Blood 1 and 2. The perfect site for any Bloodite.)
- The Blood Wiki (The Blood Wiki, a wiki devoted to the first-person shooter game Blood, its sequel Blood II: The Chosen, and their respective expansion packs. Also available is information on the various mods, fan projects, development details, and the fictional world in which Caleb and the others live in.)
- The Postmortem (Sort of a monument-like fansite built for Blood and Blood II: The Chosen to keep it's soul alive for the next generation of Bloodites.)
Derrick 'Knight' Steele (2415) added Blood II: The Chosen (Windows) on Mar 26, 2000
Credits (114 people)
106 developers, 8 thanks
Game Concept and Design: