DescriptionBoulder Dash-XL is a single-player, modern take on an old classic. The basic gameplay is still the same, negotiate mazes, collect diamonds and avoid falling rocks. This implementation has five modes of play:
- Arcade Mode: Playing against the clock the player collects diamonds and gets to the exit as fast as possible. They have a target number of diamonds to collect and thus have the option of taking longer but collecting more diamonds or finishing faster and getting a bigger time bonus. There are one hundred levels in this mode.
- Zen Mode: Basically this is the same as Arcade mode but there's no time limit 'so the player can refine their strategy with no pressure'.
- Puzzle Mode: This consists of twenty five smaller levels where the emphasis is on thought and planning rather than speed.
- Retro Mode: A further twenty five levels using '3D interpretations of the original bitmap graphics'.
- Score Attack: Four special caves where the exit opens early so there's a bigger bonus to be had for completing early.
- "Boulder Dash-XL 3D" -- Nintendo 3DS title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Xbox 360||Jul 15, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|DarkZero||Xbox 360||Jul 24, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|Worth Playing||Xbox 360||Aug 12, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|IGN||Xbox 360||Jul 14, 2011||8 out of 10||80|
|411mania.com||Xbox 360||Jul 20, 2011||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Console Monster||Xbox 360||2011||75 out of 100||75|
|Cheat Code Central||Xbox 360||2011||3.6 out of 5||72|
|GameSpot||Xbox 360||Jul 19, 2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Impulse Gamer||Xbox 360||Jul, 2011||7 out of 10||70|
|Thunderbolt Games||Xbox 360||Jul 24, 2011||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Boulder Dash-XL (official website)