DescriptionBritish Airports: Central England is the fourth volume in a series of scenery add-on products for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002. This series of products introduces accurate airport buildings and corrects the flight simulator defaults for specified UK airports to makes them more accurate, for example;
- The flight simulator's default width of runways is 40 meters whereas UK runways are generally 15 or 18 meters wide though some of the larger airports have a few 25 meter wide runways.
- The default lights for runways is blue edge-lighting, in practice most airports have a green centre-line with blue edge lights only used on sharp corners.
This volume gives the player the detailed graphics for the following airports; Birmingham, Brize Norton, Bruntingthorpe, Connington, Cottesmore, Coventry, Cranfield, Deenthorpe, East Midlands, Enstone, Fairford, Finmere, Halton, Kembie, Kidlington (Oxford), Leicester, Langar, Little Gransden, Little Staughton, Nottingham, Oaksey Park, Saltby, Shotteswell, Sibson, Sywell, Thame, Turweston, Wellesbourne Mountford, and Wittering. Manchester airport is included as a bonus.
When enabled this product shows as two entries in the player's add-on scenery list. The airports in the main list above show in a group labelled Br.Arprt - Midlands. Eighty eight airports are found within this group, this is not because the list above is incomplete, it is because all but the smallest airports have multiple runways, taxiways etc. Manchester shows as a group on its own and it has nine active locations.
Manchester, Birmingham and East Midlands airports have 'Active Stands', i.e. specified gates have interactive items like air gates, docking boards, air stairs and catering trucks.
All the airfields are mapped accurately from real photographs with the exception of RAF Wittering which was undergoing significant change when this product was being developed. As the airfields are accurately mapped and the product manual alleges that the roads supplied in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 are not as accurately positioned, some roads which are part of the flight simulators default scenery may disappear or be partially covered when the airport scenery is installed.
- "Just Flight British Airports Volume 4 - Central" -- Installation screen title
- "British Airports - Central" -- Used in the Flight Simulator scenery library
Part of the Following Groups
- Just Flight's British Airports & matching VFR scenery
- Unofficial add-ons for Microsoft Flight Simulator games
|This will be staying on my PC||piltdown_man (151906)|
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.