Forums > Game Forums > Minecraft > An unfinished game? (Beta policy again)

MZ per X (3017) on 10/24/2010 6:49 PM · Permalink · Report

Just wondering how this game entry fits with our current beta policy? Browsing the internet resources, it looks so unfinished.

I don't want this entry to be WIPped or something, it's just that I'm still waiting for a change regarding open beta MMO games, or regarding this for example. Did I miss something?

vedder (70685) on 10/24/2010 7:56 PM · Permalink · Report

This was discussed in the approver forum. The general consensus here was that it was allowed because you have to buy it to be able to play it.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/25/2010 11:56 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start vedder wrote--]The general consensus here was that it was allowed because you have to buy it to be able to play it. [/Q --end vedder wrote--] Okay, this doesn't help me with my MMO problem, then.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 10/25/2010 4:58 PM · Permalink · Report

If they're selling subscriptions, or if the RMT store is open, then it's fair game.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/25/2010 6:34 PM · Permalink · Report

Yeah, games you can spend real world money on are the easy part. I think there is consensus on these, someone just needs to adjust the Moby Standards accordingly.

The hard part are games like the Google Image Labeler which everybody uses for years, but nobody removes that goddamn "Beta" sticker from it. Where to draw the line?

Pseudo_Intellectual (66274) on 10/25/2010 6:47 PM · Permalink · Report

That's a case of "you submit it repeatedly until some approver lets it in, then you cross your fingers that no one complains about its presence", as it's clearly good to go regardless of what it might someday evolve into.

Lain Crowley (6630) on 10/24/2010 11:26 PM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start MZ per X wrote--]or regarding this for example. [/Q --end MZ per X wrote--] You son of a bitch. You can't just post something like that without warning that it contains TVtropes levels of addictiveness.

vedder (70685) on 10/25/2010 7:28 AM · Permalink · Report

That Google Image Labeler game should definitely be tagged "Adult" though. First picture I get to see is the bottom half of a woman with her skirt stripped down to her knees.

MZ per X (3017) on 10/25/2010 11:58 AM · Permalink · Report

[Q --start Lain Crowley wrote--] [Q2 --start MZ per X wrote--]or regarding this for example. [/Q2 --end MZ per X wrote--] You son of a bitch. You can't just post something like that without warning that it contains TVtropes levels of addictiveness. [/Q --end Lain Crowley wrote--] I'm an asshole, so I can. giggles eerily

Indra was here (20756) on 10/25/2010 1:00 PM · Permalink · Report

Dudes don't giggle, mate. :p