🕹️ New release: Lunar Lander Beyond

Forums > Game Forums > Perplex City > browser game

eXo (346) on 8/12/2014 9:35 PM · Permalink · Report

This appears to have been a browser game, not a linux/win game.

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 8/13/2014 3:46 AM · edited · Permalink · Report

Could it have been a Flash executable and swung both ways?

Edit: sorry, just read the game description. Can't really get around the inherent Browserness of that!

Patrick Bregger (300247) on 8/13/2014 3:22 PM · Permalink · Report

I think the browser platform was only introduced in 2008 or so. I wouldn't be surprised if we found more games which were previously submitted as Windows game.

Sciere (930480) on 8/13/2014 11:05 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

I've read about it a bit, and it seems to be an ARG in the broadest way possible, relying on puzzle cards that needed to be bought in stores, links and codes on websites, downloadable components, real life events, portions on TV, radio and telephone lines etc. Very interesting, but to me it seems a bit of a stretch to document it here. Consider other ARGs such as I Love Bees for Halo 2 or Valve's potato hunt on Steam etc.

Rather than an electronic game, it seems to be a real-life game that happens to incorporate an electronic medium for some parts. There's some game I know is on the site, with a title in captal letters (sounds like hardline, heartline, deadline? - white cover with black letters in capital near the top? - edit: now I'm thinking of Missing, but I thought it had more of that, there ought to be some element where you would get called on your phone etc.) that did something similar but with the electronic game as the starting point for everything. There could be room however for individual parts that form an electronic game as a whole, so I'm more in favour of removing it altogether. There are no other precedents I can think of.

Arguments for / against?

Thanks for pointing out eXo!

Pseudo_Intellectual (66360) on 8/13/2014 11:43 PM · Permalink · Report

Are you thinking of Majestic by any chance?

Sciere (930480) on 8/14/2014 8:50 AM · Permalink · Report

I'm not entirely sure, but that must be it, thanks.