DescriptionBsdgames is a package of terminal games and amusements that were historically packaged with BSD. It consists of the following games:
- adventure : The classic Colossal Cave text adventure
- arithmetic : An arithmetic quiz
- atc : An Air Traffic controller simulation
- backgammon : The board game "Backgammon"
- battlestar : Another text adventure
- boggle : The board game "Boggle"
- canfield : The Canfield solitaire card game
- cribbage : The board/card game "Cribbage"
- dab : The pen and paper game "dots and boxes", where you must form the most boxes by connecting a grid of dots.
- fish : The card game "Go Fish"
- gomoku : The board game "Gomoku"
- hack : The classic rogue-like; predecessor to Nethack.
- hangman : The traditional pen and paper word guessing game
- hunt : A multi-player deathmatch maze game
- mille : The board game "Mille Bornes"
- monop : The board game "Monopoly"
- phantasia : A Middle Earth-themed multi-user dungeon
- quiz : A quiz game on a variety of topics
- robots : A strategy/action game to escape a hoard of man-eating robots
- sail : A multi-player naval combat game
- snake : A chase game where you must escape a hungry snake
- tetris : An implementation of Tetris
- trek : A Star-Trek strategy game
- worm : A game where you eat to grow longer and try to avoid hitting your own tail
- wump : The classic "Hunt the Wumpus" game, where you must track and shoot the Wumpus throughout a random cave layout.
This package also contains a number of non-games, which are described below for completeness:
- banner : Displays large text banner
- bcd : Reformats input as punch cards
- caesar, rot13 : Decrypt or create a Caesar cipher.
- countmail : Counts the amount of mail you have, similar to Sesame Street
- dm : Dungeon Master: regulates game playing on a shared server
- factor : Lists prime factors of a given number
- morse : Reformats input as morse code
- number : Writes out the words for a give number
- pig : Pig Latin converter
- pom : Displays the phase of the moon
- ppt : Reformats input as paper tape
- primes : Generates a list of prime numbers
- rain : Rain drop screensaver
- random : Picks random lines from a file or generates random numbers
- wargames : Menu for launching games, similar to the movie. Launches the game name typed in.
- worms : Moving worm screensaver
- wtf : Acronym lookup tool
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.