Not an American user?
DescriptionOn ST and Amiga features a full range of jabs, uppercuts and weaves. All fights take place to realistic WBA rules, as you aim to rise the rankings and fight for the title. The crowd frequently shout encouragement and insults, which are displayed using speech bubbles.
The 8-bit game is a little different, featuring illegal moves such as kicks and groin punches. There is a referee, so you'll have to wait for him to look away before using those moves. Fights last 15 rounds, and a knockout ends that round, not the entire fight.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Pro Boxing Simulator" -- Codemasters release title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Zzap!||Commodore 64||Jan, 1989||66 out of 100||66|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amstrad CPC||Dec, 1988||6.8 out of 12||57|
|Commodore User||Commodore 64||Nov, 1988||46 out of 100||46|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jul, 1990||40 out of 100||40|
|Commodore Format||Commodore 64||Feb, 1992||39 out of 100||39|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Amstrad CPC||Dec, 1988||36 out of 100||36|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Commodore 64||Feb, 1989||338 out of 1000||34|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||ZX Spectrum||Feb, 1989||332 out of 1000||33|
|Commodore Computing International||Commodore 64||Feb, 1989||28 out of 100||28|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||Jan, 1989||25 out of 100||25|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Codemasters re-releaseThe Codemasters re-releases under the name Pro Boxing Simulator were merely the old Superior Software game By Fair Means or Foul, with new packaging and a new title screen. The packaging was completely redesigned, featuring what were described as 'various computer screenshots', and game from the ST and Amiga version. Worse, the front cover identified the game as a 'new release'.
Understandably a lot of people were cross when they spend £3 on a game it turned out they already had. Codemasters were forced to offer refunds to these people, and change the packaging to make the game's origins clear.
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (for Atari ST: database; downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Hall of Light (for Amiga: database; manuals; artwork; screenshots; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- Lemon Amiga (for Amiga: game reviews; music; manuals; additional material)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)