Forums > Game Forums > Zork: The Great Underground Empire > You are likely to be eaten ...

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/15/2007 7:32 PM · Permalink · Report

Go treat yourself to Jason Scott's direction of uber-geek music video MC Frontalot - It Is Pitch Dark. Or if you prefer, he has a local copy on his ASCII website if you are patient enough to let it load :-)

St. Martyne (3648) on 9/16/2007 6:40 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Hey, they even got Steve in it! Fantastic! I must say that I consider the guy to have the most coolest sense of humor in the whole industry. I nearly laughed my pants off while playing Eric The Unready or The Space Bar

As for the song itself. I am not so versed in English audition to perceive everything he raps about on a fly. But I doubt there is a printed version of the song somewhere, so I guess I'll just sing along with the refrain.

EDIT: Hm...Apparently, Steve hadn't contributed much to Eric The Unready. But Spellcastings were great too.

xroox (3895) on 9/16/2007 7:11 PM · Permalink · Report

The song went on a bit too long for my liking, but it was cool, nonetheless. I like MC Frontalot - The best thing I've heard from him is his collaboration with 'German industrialist' Kompressor - 'Rappers We Crush.' Awesome.

(Plenty more Frontalot here: http://www.frontalot.com/index.php/?page=mp3)

DJP Mom (11333) on 9/16/2007 7:28 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

[Q --start St_Martyne wrote--] As for the song itself. I am not so versed in English audition to perceive everything he raps about on a fly. But I doubt there is a printed version of the song somewhere, so I guess I'll just sing along with the refrain. [/Q --end St_Martyne wrote--]

Lyrics here, from Sam's link :-) Start singing!

Edit - just reading them myself for the first time and I now officially love the song.

xroox (3895) on 9/16/2007 7:31 PM · edited · Permalink · Report

Oh yeah. Lyrics! I completely missed those. Reading them now, and they are pure genius. Truly.

Another song recommendation: Goth Girls.

Or the UBER(StarWars)geekiness of Yellow Lasers.