DescriptionAnt Attack is an action game which innovated the usage of three freedom grades for an isometric perspective game. The freely explorable city, identified in the inlay blurb as Antescher, a combination of Ant and Escher, the famous visual paradox artist, is teeming with deadly giant ants. The player controls a boy or a girl and races around the city trying to find his/her lost half while jumping on structures to avoid the ants, or fighting the insects by either jumping on them or throwing grenades. When the hostage is found, the protagonist needs to guide him/her into safeness. Then the next round, with higher difficulty and the hostage being placed at another point, begins. The perspective can be switched to four 90° turned views.
There are no promo images for this game
- "Soft Solid 3D Ant Attack" -- Common intepretation of title
- "Hormigas" -- Spanish title
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Commodore||Jan, 1985||80|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Dec, 1984||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
GenderAccording to Edge, this is the first game that allowed players to choose between a male and female protagonist.
- ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)
- March 1991 (issue #42) - Included in the list Greatest Games of all Time in category Original Games (editorial staff choice)
Related Web Sites
- 3D Ant Attack homepage (This is written by the game's developer. It has pictures of the artwork, cassette inlay, anecdotes about the game's development, a Java playable version of the game, and a link to the development site of Ant Attack PC)
- Retro Remakes: 3D Ant attack (Freeware remake by Andrew Nixon)
- Wikipedia (free Encyclopedia entry)
- World of Spectrum (downloadable releases; additional material; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)