Not an American user?
DescriptionBomb Mania is a Commodore C64 game for 2 to 4 players that relies on the classic Bomberman/ Dynablaster principle. In a nutshell, players trapped in a maze bomb their paths through the walls, collect power-ups and try to eliminate each other.
While the gameplay itself is well-known, Bomb Mania's main attraction is its multi-player mode. Thanks to the "4JOY"-Four-Player-Adaptor (specifically created for this game and afterwards used by various other Protovision titles), up to four players can take part simultaneously to fight it out and blow each other up to be the last man standing.
Various power-ups exist. There are the typical upgrades on the explosion range or the number of bombs as well as a speed-up. Special extras are the ability to kick bombs around like a football and the remote bombs (aka R-bombs) that can be blown up synchronously at the opportune moment.
The game offers eight different levels:
- Just fun: A basic round to get the players started.
- Ghost Attack: An R-bombs dropping ghost dominates the level.
- Hide and Seek: The level introduces pipes for hiding or placing bombs inside them.
- Under Pressure: The screen is bricked up slowly but steadily and forces the players to head for the middle of the field trying to wipe out their opponents before the screen is completely walled up.
- Kick It: Every player is able to kick the bombs like a football without collecting the corresponding extra.
- Night Shift: A level in complete darkness except for the occasional flashes of light which show briefly what's going on.
- Mushroom Party: Mushrooms pop up randomly. They carry on the bombs' explosions and can cause heavy chain reactions.
- Crazy!: All players are fully equipped with loads of bombs in high explosion range and there are no blocks to blow up first – the aisles are clear.
It's an open end game. When having played level eight, the game starts again with the first one and the next round begins.
Part of the Following Group
There are no reviews for this game.
|Commodore Free||2011||9 out of 10||90|
|GO64!||1997||88 out of 100||88|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Limited cartridge editionIn December 2013, 16 years after the game's first release, a strictly limited Bomb Mania cartridge edition was released. The 20 cartridges, each in a fancy box and with a printed manual, were sold out within a few hours.
Related Web Sites
Claudia Kollschen (261) added Bomb Mania (Commodore 64) on Aug 05, 2011