Not an American user?
DescriptionIn this sequel to The Staff of Karnath you once again play as explorer Sir Arthur Pendragon. You are in Egypt beneath the Sphinx and you have just found The Eye of Osiris. With the eye in your hands the chamber starts humming and vibrating and slowly you sink into the ground into darkness below. Slowly, torches light and you notice you're in another chamber with a chest that contains a scroll which says that to escape from beneath the ground you must collect other scrolls to get back to the surface.
Entombed is an arcade adventure viewed from the side from an elevated angle where the screen scrolls when you move. The game is full of chambers and mazes of corridors. While you move around the corridors you can breathe easily but in any chamber there is a limited supply of air so many tasks need to be completed before your air meter reaches zero. There are various baddies and obstacles to avoid or hit with a whip when you find it and touching these will drain some of your energy and it's game over when it's gone. A joystick is used to control your hero and the keyboard is used to scroll through options on the bottom of the screen like jump, use object or use weapon. The fire button will then use that option.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Popular Computing Weekly||May 09, 1985||100|
|Zzap!||Jul, 1985||93 out of 100||93|
|Commodore User||Jun, 1985||80|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Jun, 1985||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gamer||Jul, 1985||60|
|Your Computer||Jul, 1985||40|
There are currently no topics for this game.
- Commodore Format
- February 1991 (Issue 5) - listed in the A to Z of Classic Games article (Great)
Related Web Sites
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (Ultimate Play The Game) (Exhibit reference ID CH14498; additional material.)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (For C64: game packaging digitalisations. Include box, manual, brochure, additional material.)
- Lemon 64 (For C64: game entry database; advertisement; magazine reviews; music; documentation; cover art; additional material.)
- Museum of Computer Adventure Game History (Ultimate Play the Game, C64) (For C64: game packaging; manuals; media; additional material.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for game.)
FatherJack (62720) added Entombed (Commodore 64) on Feb 12, 2014