Not an American user?
DescriptionTravel back to the Age of Chivalry when knights were bold, galloping across the countryside and rescuing damsels in distress. This game recreates the time of wizards and the Knights of the Round Table. Lancelot is a three-part interactive fiction adventure, spanning the complete saga from the foundation of the Order to its finest hour - the quest for the Holy Grail.
Guide Lancelot through his many exploits at Camelot, battle with wayward knights, and win the love of Guinever and Elaine. The challenge which has fascinated treasure hunters through the centuries is now yours - and you'll need all your strength, wit and valor to achieve your goal. To get the highest possible score, you should only kill combat foes when it is absolutely essential to survival.
The game's command set includes the ability to issue instructions to other knights, and to automatically GO TO a place you have previously visited.
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Commodore User||Dec, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
CompetitionThere was a competition associated with the game: Within the text of the whole game, there were a number of words written in capital letters. Whoever managed to send a complete list of these words, would receive a golden grail goblet (about £5000 worth).
Related Web Sites
- AtariMania (Atari ST) (for Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; digitalised advertising; additional material)
- AtariMania (Datasoft, UK, Atari ST) (For Atari ST: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- AtariMania (Level 9 Computing, UK, Atari 8-bit) (For Atari 8-bit: game entry database; downloadable release; game packaging; advertisement; manuals; magazine reviews; additional material.)
- Cambridge Centre for Computing History (BBC Micro) (for BBC Micro: exhibit reference ID CH21067)
- Commodore 64 Boxed Sets (for C64: high quality software sets (box; digitalised manual; miscellaneous; screenshots))
- Commodore Plus/4 World (unofficial freeware version) (for Commodore 16, Plus/4: downloadable releases; additional material)
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: package material digitalizations; downloadable releases; goodies; manual digitalizations; additional material)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS (Statistics page of compatibility with original DOS version.)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: downloadable link; game entry database)
- Hall of Light (for Amiga: game database entry; digitalised manuals; package material digitalizations; screenshots; additional material)
- Kio's home (For ZX Spectrum: additional material including – photographed cassette inlay; snapshots; downloadable releases.)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: game entry database; cover art digitalizations; additional material)
- Lemon Amiga (for Amiga: game database entry; magazine reviews; additional material)
- Macintosh Garden, an abandonware games archive (For Macintosh: reviews; game packaging; downloadable releases; manual; screenshots; additional material.)
- MSX Generation (for MSX: package material digitalizations; additional material)
- Museum of Computer Adventure Game History (Datasoft, Amiga) (For Commodore Amiga: game packaging; manuals; media; additional material.)
- Museum of Computer Adventure Game History (Mandarin, ZX Spectrum/Amstrad CPC) (For ZX Spectrum/Amstrad CPC: game packaging; manuals; media; additional material.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Cluebook) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Manual) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Replacementdocs (PC, Map) (Documentation for DOS/Windows.)
- Stairway to Hell (BBC Micro: Hintsheet) (for BBC Micro: digitalised Official Hintsheets)
- Stairway to Hell (BBC Micro: map) (for BBC Micro: official digitalised map )
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes. )
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (video game) (encyclopaedic entry for combined platforms)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: cover art; downloadable releases; magazine references; magazine adverts; additional material)
- ZX Spectrum Reviews (For ZX Spectrum: magazine game reviews in HTML.)
Kabushi (244696) added Lancelot (Commodore 64) on Dec 20, 2004
Credits (19 people)
Concept and game design:
Peter McBride (as P. Mc Bride)Remainder of booklet:
Le Morte D'ArthurThe best of the books consulted were:
Le Morte D'Arthur, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, The Once and Future King, The Plain Man's Guide to EthicsThe most disappointing:
The Book of Merlin, The Mists of AvalonThe most peculiar:
The Cauldron and the GrailThe Historical Arthur:
Arthurian Sites in the West