Not an American user?
DescriptionYou are Monty and you are about to attempt to fulfill your life's ambitions, become rich and be a hero. You have the opportunity to rescue a Princess while collecting gold nuggets on the way. The game consists of 40 single screen rooms viewed from above at an elevated angle, and to leave each room you must collect all the gold nuggets scattered around within a time limit, and once all the gold is collected then you can leave by the opened door. Moving around each room are various creatures and if you touch any, then you lose one of five lives, and failing also to complete the room within the time limit also loses a life. The joystick is used to control Monty and once you move him in a direction he keeps moving until he hits an object but he can change direction as he moves. Also to note is that the longer you hold the joystick in a direction the faster Monty moves.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
|Personal Computer Games||Feb, 1985||7 out of 10||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
ReferencesMonty Python: The game as a whole, makes several allusions to the respective British surreal comedy group, including:
- part of the title (Monty).
- level 4: Terry Gilliam's iconic illustrated foot which is present in the introduction of the comedy series by the same authors - Monty Python's Flying Circus - appears as a resident enemy of the same level.
- level 10 (title): "The Desolate Wastes of Pi-Thon".
- level 24 (title): "Something Completely Different". Is a traditional phrase used as a match cut/transitional scene, on the referred comedy series - And Now for Something Completely Different.
- Game Over: Terry Gilliam's illustrated pointing hand, also part of the iconic universe of the group, appears here as the pointing hand which pushes "Monty" all over the screen when the game is over.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (for Amstrad CPC: downloadable releases; artwork; additional material)
- Game Base 64 (for C64: Downloadable links, Database, Music, Emulation, Frontends, Reviews and Articles)
- Internet Archive (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable release; online emulation of game; additional material)
- Lemon 64 (for C64: games, reviews and music)
- MSX Generation (for MSX: catalogue; cover art; additional material)
- Planet Emulation (in French) (for MSX: downloadable release)
- World of Spectrum (for ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts)
FatherJack (62732) added Mutant Monty (Commodore 64) on Mar 29, 2014
Other platforms contributed by FatherJack (62732)
Credits (1 people)