DescriptionDuring a book signing, the novelist Cate West is approached by the detective Ben Shepard who carries a photograph. As he lets it fall, Cate picks it up and has a vision while holding it. The vision is somewhat connected to a crime committed in Arcadia city, and that's when the police seeks Cate to help them solve a series of crimes dubbed The Vanishing Files. What Cate doesn't know yet is that those crimes are connected to her father's murder, which happened 17 years ago, and also to the Biblical legend of the 3 Magi.
Cate West: The Vanishing Files is an adventure game heavily focused on puzzle solving. The gameplay consists in five steps:
- Finding Clues: from a list of objects, the player has to find a certain number of them for each case in the crime scenes available.
- Finding Evidence: each evidence is broken into several pieces and scattered in a crime scene. A pictorial guide will help the player finding each part of the evidence at the crime scenes, while avoiding wrong clicks.
- Confirming Hideout: to confirm a criminal's hideout, the player has to find differences between a photography and Cate's vision, clicking either the left or right picture to spot them.
- Picking the Criminal: the player has to pick the criminal among the suspects. To do so, he has to search the evidences for more clues which will point characteristics of the criminal. With that data and the hideout, the player can exclude unlikely criminals and point the right one.
- Matching the Crime Scene: once in the trial, the player has to match the courtroom testimony with the memory of the crime scene. A collection of objects will be given to the player and he has to place them on either one of the images so they can match.
The game's ending is determined by the amount of points earned throughout the gameplay. Finishing the game in the lesser time, picking the criminals in the first attempt and avoiding random clicking and using hints will grant the player the best ending possible.
- "Cate West: Die verlorenen Beweise" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|GameXtazy||Windows||Feb 25, 2008||100|
|GameZebo||Windows||Feb 06, 2008||90|
|Wonderwallweb.com||Nintendo DS||Oct 04, 2009||8 out of 10||80|
|Electronic Theatre||Wii||Oct 09, 2009||79 out of 100||79|
|GamesRadar||Nintendo DS||Sep 17, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Wonderwallweb.com||Wii||Oct 04, 2009||7 out of 10||70|
|Blend Games||Wii||Apr 25, 2009||70|
|Worth Playing||Wii||May 03, 2009||6.8 out of 10||68|
|GameSpot||Wii||Apr 15, 2009||6 out of 10||60|
|N-Europe||Nintendo DS||Nov 09, 2009||5 out of 10||50|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Cate West - The Vanishing Files (Official website)
Nintendo DS Credits