Nerdy Chip desperately wants to join the "Bit Busters" computer club, led by Melinda the Mental Marvel. However, before she'll let him in, he must prove his intelligence by passing the initiation test. 149 increasingly difficult levels, including a few hidden ones, await Chip in this tile-based puzzle game. Use tools such as keys, and special shoes to bypass obstacles. Manipulate switches to and use dirt blocks to build bridges across waterways. Avoid enemy creatures, grab all the computer chips in the level, and hurry to the exit: On top of everything else, there's a time limit!
Part of the Following Groups
|A great adventure game. Possibly the only great adventure game by Microsoft.||Windows 3.x||VortexS130 (105)|
|neXGam||Lynx||2002||8.6 out of 10||86|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Amiga||Jan, 1991||835 out of 1000||84|
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1991||82 out of 100||82|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||Atari ST||1993||80 out of 100||80|
|Joker Verlag präsentiert: Sonderheft||DOS||1993||77 out of 100||77|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Amiga||Feb, 1991||8.5 out of 12||71|
|ASM (Aktueller Software Markt)||Commodore 64||Apr, 1991||7.2 out of 12||60|
|Power Play||Commodore 64||Jul, 1991||60 out of 100||60|
|Game Zero||Lynx||Feb, 1996||Unscored||Unscored|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Enhanced versionAn enhanced-graphics version of Chip's Challenge appears in Microsoft Entertainment Pack 4.
- Commodore Format
- January 1992 (Issue 16) - Cf's all time Top Ten Essential Mega Games
- Power Play
- Issue 01/1991 - Best Lynx Game in 1990
Related Web Sites
- Chip's Challenge Wiki (The Chip's Challenge Database that anyone can edit.)
- Mike L's Chip's Challenge Site (Tips, information about the game, and more)
- Richard Field's Chip's Challenge Page (Contains level codes and links to solutions and much more.)
- StrategyWiki (Free strategy guide and walkthrough wiki)
- The Chip's Challenge Corridor (A collection of resources for Chip's Challenge players.)