Not an American user?
DescriptionYou are Richard B. Riddick, a convicted criminal with a record as long as War and Peace. You are the most wanted man in the known universe, and you have just been captured and arrested. You are being transported to Butcher Bay, a triple-maximum-security prison, the deadliest prison ever built. No one has ever escaped, and those who tried have been killed. Will you be the first?
As Riddick, you must find your way out of the prison and to safety. You begin in a cell, and soon, hell breaks out. You are left with nothing to defend yourself, so you must find a machine which will allow you to use guards weapons, otherwise you will be shocked, as they are DNA protected.
Throughout your adventure, you will explore the prison complex, caverns, mines, the triple-security area, and even the palace area, where all of the administration is housed.
To help you escape, you will have access to a small but deadly arsenal of weapons, such as a pistol and machine gun. There are a number of melee weapons available too, like a wrench or shiv (shard of glass).
You will have to take on several different enemies, from guards to prisoners to robotics to mutated humans, also called 'dwellers' who lives deep below under the prison.
Vin Diesel voices Riddick. The game is a prequel to the 1999 film Pitch Black, which first introduced Vin Diesel as Richard Riddick, the anti-hero.
- "超世纪战警：逃离屠场" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - Developer's Cut" -- Windows title
- "Kroniki Riddicka: Ucieczka z Butcher Bay" -- Polish title
- "A Batalha de Riddick: Fuga de Butcher Bay" -- Brazilian title
Part of the Following Groups
- Character Feature: Actual person's looks and voice
- Chronicles of Riddick series
- Game feature: Developer commentary
- Inspiration: Movies
- Middleware: FaceFX
- Theme: Prison
- Xbox Classics releases
- Xbox Platinum Hits releases
|The Chronicles of Riddick is a game best appreciated with no expectation.||Windows||diglot.net (28)|
|The Great Escape||Xbox||Classic Nigel (150)|
|UOL Jogos||Windows||Mar 16, 2005||100|
|FileFactory Games / Gameworld Network||Xbox||Jun 29, 2004||91 out of 100||91|
|Thunderbolt Games||Xbox||Dec 06, 2004||9 out of 10||90|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||Dec, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|Xbox World Australia (XWA)||Xbox||Jul 20, 2004||90 out of 100||90|
|Giery.eu||Windows||Mar 04, 2007||34 out of 40||85|
|Game Freaks 365||Windows||2004||8.5 out of 10||85|
|FOK!games||Xbox||Aug 14, 2004||84 out of 100||84|
|JeuxVideoPC.com||Windows||Nov 25, 2006||16 out of 20||80|
|DreamStation.cc||Xbox||Jul 24, 2004||7.5 out of 10||75|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|xbox 360 compatibility||3||BurningStickMan (18005)
Oct 16, 2009
1001 Video GamesChronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
ReferencesThe characters Moonlight and Soup were named after developers Michael "Moonlight" Graham and Cris "Soup" Lee respectively.
SoundtrackThree weeks after the release, the original video game soundtrack was made available for free. It includes music from the game and four exclusive mixes. All tracks are composed and performed by Gustaf Grefberg and assistant composer Johan Althoff. Download it here.
Windows versionThe PC version of the game has the Developer's Cut subtitle as it includes two added levels (Security Research 1&2). In these, set just before Tower 19, the player gets to explore a bit more of the military complex and can use a Riot Guard mecha suit. Additionally, there's a briefing room for the bad guys in the level which contains a billboard with pictures of the entire Starbreeze Studios team and, in a nearby room, a hidden pack of cigarettes that unlocks a DVD trailer and some behind-the-scenes stuff concentrating on the development team. It also has a Developer's Commentary, which occasionally appears when playing through portions of a level that have a noteworthy piece of trivia
- 2004 – Best Console Direction of the Year
- 2004 – Best Console Music of the Year
- 2004 – Biggest Console Surprise of the Year
- Computer Games Magazine
- March 2005 - #10 Game of the Year
- Computer Gaming World
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Action Game of the Year
- March 2005 (Issue #249) – Coolest Menu System of the Year
- 2004 – #7 Xbox Game of the Year
- 2004 - The "Reverse Mario Brothers" Award for the Best Game Based on the Worst Movie (Xbox)
- GameStar (Germany)
- Issue 03/2005 - Best Music in 2004
- Golden Joystick Awards
- 2004 - Unsung Hero Game of the Year Award
- PC Powerplay (Germany)
- Issue 01/2005 - Game with the Longest Title in 2004
Related Web Sites
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay Featured Guide (A complete walkthrough for the game, including a listing and locations of all fifty-nine cigarette packs.
- The official Escape from Butcher Bay homepage (An official site with tons of materials, such as trailers, in-game movies, graphic engine explanation-movie, screenshots, character bio, soundtracks, news and much more!)
Xbox Credits (308 people)
233 developers, 75 thanks
Richard B. Riddick: