DescriptionYou're the commander of the allied forces at Operation Market Garden. You can play as either the Germans or the Allies. You play on the battlefield in real-time. The battlefield is bloody and realistic, with scary screams of man down as you watch a man get his head blown off, (the games played in a topdown view,) and the ratta-tat-tat of the German machine-guns. Real machine gun sounds.
The Close Combat series have always been realistic because of the AI. Your men will run away if the Germans do a rush or something like that, and they'll be unresponsive if you make them do something stupid (like rushing tanks), and if they start to move into gunfire, under your command of course, they'll go back to the start, or away from the enemy.
There are no promo images for this game
- "戰鬥神將2：奪橋遺恨" -- Chinese title (traditional)
- "Close Combat: Un pont trop loin - Le frisson du combat - Le pouvoir de commander" -- French tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Un pont trop loin" -- French title
- "Close Combat: Die Brücke von Arnheim - Der Nervenkitzel des Kampfes - die Macht der Befehlsgewalt" -- German tag-lined title
- "Close Combat: Die Brücke von Arnheim" -- German title
- "Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far - The Thrill of Combat-The Power of Command " -- Tag-lined title
- "Close Combat 2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
|Best of the series, by far||Windows||Maury Markowitz (236)|
|Definately the BEST of the CC series so far!||Windows||Trey Moody (2)|
|Not as Imbecilic as the First of the Series, but it comes close||Windows||Anonymous Gamer (151)|
|All Game Guide||Macintosh||1998||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Feb, 1998||90|
|Gaming Entertainment Monthly||Windows||1998||90 out of 100||90|
|Game.EXE||Windows||Nov, 1997||90 out of 100||90|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Macintosh||Feb, 1998||90|
|PC Action||Windows||Dec 17, 1997||83.5 out of 100||84|
|About This Particular Macintosh||Macintosh||Jun, 1998||80|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||Dec 03, 1997||79 out of 100||79|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows||Dec, 1997||62 out of 100||62|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites