DescriptionCluedo is a version of the popular Waddington's board game known as Clue in the U.S.A.
The game is a detective / puzzle game for one to six players, though the computer will play five of these for a single player game. The objective is to determine who killed Dr Black, where they killed him, and what the murder weapon was. This is achieved by a process of elimination. Each player has three clue cards. When all of these have been accounted for, what remains unaccounted for is the solution. Players can learn what other cards other players have by making suggestions. The game rules require opposing players are asked in turn if they possess any of the items suggested and if they do one card must be revealed.
This computer game follows the board game very closely starting with rolling the dice for a high number to see who goes first. After that the cards are shuffled and play commences. The dice is rolled. When it is the turn of a human player a series of options are presented
- Roll Dice : self explanatory
- Notes : is used by the player to record who & what they suspect and who & what has been eliminated
- Clue Cards : the player can view their own clue cards
- Passage : As in the board game, the player may surrender a turn and take a secret passage to another room
- Suggestion : Ask opposing players if they possess any of the cards suggested
- Accusation : used when a player has enough information to end the game
- Next : used after a roll of the dice to pass control to the next player
There are no promo images for this game
- "Waddingtons Computer Cluedo" -- Cassette title (BBC)
- "Leisure Genius presents the Computer Edition of Waddingtons Cluedo" -- Tag-lined title
- "Cluedo: The Great Detective Game" -- Tag-lined title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for this game.
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Commodore 64||Jan, 1985||30 out of 40||75|
|Computer Gamer||BBC Micro||Dec, 1986||70 out of 100||70|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.