DescriptionLike the original, Red Alert 2 pits the Russians against the Allies, but this time it's on American soil. A post-World War II invasion by Romanov and Yuri, aided by a Psychic Beam for brainwashing US citizens, must be repelled.
Lead 9 different nations in this all-out war for survival. Each side has ground troops, tanks, aeroplanes and sea units, although there are differences between the sides in which units can attack which others, largely based on real life equipment (for example, the US' AEGIS cruisers can only attack air units, but can beat almost any). Lots of fictitious technology is also featured, including new weather control devices and deadly animals.
Gameplay is fundamentally the same as other Real-Time strategy games - harvest resources to fund an army, then move the units around to win battles against your foes. Each side has 13 missions, some with specific objectives or unit limitations.
There are no promo images for this game
- "命令与征服：红色警戒2" -- Chinese spelling (simplified)
- "Command & Conquer: Alerte Rouge 2" -- French title
- "Command & Conquer: Alarmstufe Rot 2" -- German title
- "C&C:RA2" -- Informal title
Part of the Following Groups
- Command & Conquer games
- Command & Conquer Red Alert series
- Famous Person: Albert Einstein
- Game Feature: In-game Screenshot Capture
- Gameplay Feature: Fog of War
- Live action cut-scenes
- Setting: Alternate History
- Setting: City - Moscow
- Setting: City - New York
- Setting: City - Paris
- Setting: City - Washington, D.C.
- Visual technique / style: Voxel graphics
|Game Informer Magazine||Dec, 2000||9.5 out of 10||95|
|IGN||Oct 24, 2000||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Eurogamer.net (UK)||Nov 07, 2000||9 out of 10||90|
|Christ Centered Game Reviews||Jun 01, 2005||90|
|Power Unlimited||Nov, 2000||8.8 out of 10||88|
|GameStar (Germany)||Oct, 2000||87 out of 100||87|
|GameSpot||Oct 27, 2000||8.5 out of 10||85|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Oct 25, 2000||84 out of 100||84|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jan, 2001||80|
|GameSpy||Oct 31, 2000||80 out of 100||80|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Best Buy releaseWhen first released, Best Buy had a special offer: the Command and Conquer Soundtrack Collection (soundtrack from ALL C&C games) on CD for the first 100 buyers of RA2 in every store.
CoverTo avoid sensitivity issues after the terrorist attacks on the WTC, EA is offering distributors and retailers new boxes that remove the "The Invasion Has Begun" motto and the pictures depicting NY under attack.
EditorFinal Alert was released alongside the patch 1.006, and it allows creating both multiplayer (skirmish, LAN, on-line) and solo (campaign) missions. You can level up terrains, place military units and buildings, civilians and objects. The editor can also be used for Command & Conquer: Red Alert and Command & Conquer: Tiberian Sun.
MusicListening to the game's music very carefully, in the track Blow It Up to be exact, you can notice the following text being said: "Gentlemen, this is a nuclear device, time is running out". Also, like in the first version of the song, in Hell March 2 you can repeatedly hear: "Die Waffen, legt an!" ("Ready your weapons!" in German).
SalesIn 2000, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 won the Gold-Award from the German VUD (Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland - Entertainment Software Association Germany) for selling more then 100,000 (but less then 200,000) units in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- PC Player (Germany)
- Issue 01/2001 - Best Strategy Game in 2000
- Verband der Unterhaltungssoftware Deutschland
- 2000 - Gold Award (more details in the "Sales" section)
Related Web Sites
- Allied Walkthrough (Guide to defeating the Soviets on normal difficulty)
- Command & Conquer (Official series website)
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 on Wikipedia (Information about Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 on Wikipedia.)
- Planet Command & Conquer (The epicenter of everything Command & Conquer, including files, articles, and everyday news!)
- RA2 Vengeance (A fan site, with emphasis on forums and Yuri's Revenge)
- Red Alert 2 Den (RADEN) (Command & Conquer fansite, mostly dedicated to RA2 and Yuri's Revenge (includes entire series). RADEN is a source for CnC maps, mods, utilities, walkthroughs, and some other CnC related material.)
- Soviet Walkthrough (Guide to defeating the Allies)