DescriptionThe Covert Operations is an add-on to Command & Conquer. It adds 15 new single-player missions to the game: 7 for GDI and 8 for Nod. The missions can be played in any order and are noticeably more difficult than any in the original game.
Several units that had only been available in multiplayer mode in the original game now regularly appear in the new single-player missions as well, including Nod's chem troopers and SSM launchers.
In addition to the single-player missions, there are also 10 new multiplayer maps.
The add-on disc can be used with both the original release of Command & Conquer as well as the Special Gold Edition re-release for Windows.
- "Command & Conquer: Operations Survie" -- French title
- "Command & Conquer: Mission CD - Der Ausnahmezustand" -- German title
Part of the Following Groups
|A rather disappointing expansion||Anym (209)|
|PC Games (Germany)||Mar, 1996||84 out of 100||84|
|Power Play||Mar, 1996||82 out of 100||82|
|PC Action||Mar, 1996||80 out of 100||80|
|Online Gaming Review (OGR)||Mar 26, 1996||8 out of 10||80|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Jun, 1996||80|
|PC Player (Germany)||Mar, 1996||70 out of 100||70|
|High Score||May, 1996||3 out of 5||60|
|GameSpot||Jul 18, 1996||5.9 out of 10||59|
There are currently no topics for this game.
Secret missionsThere is a secret "dino mode" in this expansion pack. It allows you to play through five missions where you fight various types of dinosaurs. The way to unlock them can be found in the tips & tricks section.
Related Web Sites
- Command & Conquer 1.06 Patch Project (Nyerguds' site where you can download Command & Conquer with its Covert Operations expansions, legal and fully compatible with newer systems.)
- Command & Conquer: Covert Operations Home Page (official game page at Westwood Studios' website from 1997, preserved by the Wayback Machine)
- Planet C&C (All the C&C games covered extensively on these pages. Articles, reviews, files for download, chat and more.)