DescriptionConker the Squirrel has had a really bad day. Too much partying, too much booze - and the result is predictable: a terrible hangover. What is less predictable, however, is the fact that Conker has no idea where he is. All he wants is to go home to his girlfriend Berri, but it seems that an unknown force has thrown him into another world. The ruler of said world, the dumb, but vicious Panther King, is having a serious problem: he has been just drinking milk when he discovered that the table in his throne room is missing one of its legs. Unable to solve the problem by himself, the enraged monarch sends for the mad weasel scientist, Professor Von Kriplespac, who suggests a red squirrel as a replacement for the table's lost leg. The Panther King sends his minions after Conker, who has to explore the bizarre world, deal with its eccentric characters, stay alive, and find a way to return home.
Conker's Bad Fur Day is a grotesque counterpart to Rare's own cheerful, child-oriented 3D action platformers (such as for example Banjo-Kazooie). Intense swearing, violence, and instances of "toilet humor" co-exist with cute animals and a brightly colorful fantasy world. The game also contains segments that parody famous movies, such as The Matrix, Terminator, and others.
The core of the gameplay is 3D platform action. Conker can jump, climb, swim, and attack enemies with various weapons (the default one being a frying pan). Conker can also collect money, which is sometimes needed to advance to a new area. The game world is reasonably open, containing an overworld from which the player can access large levels that take a while to explore. Talking to characters and performing tasks offered by them is one of the main devices used to advance the plot and unlock a different area.
A multiplayer mode is also included, allowing 4 players to battle it out in many different styles of multiplayer gameplay, including a deathmatch, a race, a "capture the flag"-like mini-game, etc.
- "Twelve Tales: Conker 64" -- 1998 USA press release title
- "Conker's Quest" -- 1997 E3 title
- "Conker's BFD" -- Abbreviated title
Part of the Following Groups
|GamesFirst!||Mar 30, 2001||100|
|Da Gameboyz||Jul 07, 2004||9.5 out of 10||95|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Jun 11, 2001||19 out of 20||95|
|Quebec Gamers||Oct 26, 2002||9.3 out of 10||93|
|Game Chronicles||Sep 11, 2001||9.2 out of 10||92|
|HappyPuppy||Mar 02, 2001||9 out of 10||90|
|Consoles Plus||May, 2001||90 out of 100||90|
|Nintendo Life||Apr 13, 2009||90|
|Nintendo Land||2003||85 out of 100||85|
|Game Critics||Mar 20, 2001||6 out of 10||60|
There are currently no topics for this game.
DevelopmentConker's Bad Fur Day was originally announced way back in 1997 as Conker's Quest. It was then changed to Twelve Tales: Conker 64. Then Rare decided it was too much like all other 3D platformers and decided to go with the whole mature feel with Bad Fur Day. Conker in his original cutesy form can be seen on the Game Boy game Conker's Pocket Tales.
- The Matrix:The lobby scene complete with bullet dodging and slow motion moves. Almost exactly as done in the film.
- Saving Private Ryan: The beach scene done almost identical to the film with limbless man looking for severed arm and the underwater scene walking up the beach.
- Jaws: Two parodies here. One parodying the girl being pulled around from the opening sequence and the chasing up the pier sequence.
- Bram Stoker's Dracula: The whole Dracula sequence. "Aah the children of the Night, vat sweet music they make".
- Terminator: The Terminator ending part with the eye and the terminator coming out of the flames. "Buff you asshole!"
- A Clockwork Orange: The opening sequence with Conker on the throne
- Eye's Wide Shut: Password from club same as in the movie
- Indiana Jones: The rolling boulder
- Wizard of Oz: When you flush The Great Mighty Poo, he says almost the same thing that the witch says when Dorothy dumps water on her., ''something something.. what a world, what a world''
- Star Wars: The name of the caveman Bunga the Knut (like Jabba the Hut)
- Jurassic Park: Raptor Eating the cave man just like in the movie
- Lost in Space: The chase seen where the spider mines chase him down the hall and one gets his leg cut off when the door closes.
- Conan the Barbarian: Whole opening sequence like Conan
- The Untouchables: Weasel boss beating one of his cronies to death with a baseball bat
- Blair Witch Project: Bloody handprints on the walls in Conkula's castle.
- Gladiator: The whole gladiator colliseum fight scene
- Reservoir Dogs: In the multiplayer game. "here are your names......mr. red, mr blue etc etc.
- Exorcist: The little girl twisting her head
- Dr. Strangelove: The scientist character is almost exactly like the title character from that movie. In a wheelchair, slightly German accent, motorized mechanism on wheelchair that occasionally acts up...
- Aliens: The final battle is taken from the climax of the movie, complete with the hydraulic suit and the line, "Get away from her, you bitch!"
- When Conker gets bored he takes out a Game Boy and plays Killer Instinct.
- In the option room/file select you can see a Banjo head from Banjo-Kazooie. There is also a Kazooie umbrella.
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Conker's Bad Fur Day (Information about Conker's Bad Fur Day at Wikipedia)