Not an American user?
DescriptionIn a distant part of the universe, an alien creature called Zelos was born. As he grew so did his appetite, and soon he began devouring galaxies, planets, and stars by the hundreds. Now your planet has appeared in Zelos' path, and it is up to you and a partner to fly into battle to save your world.
Life Force is an action-packed shooter where there are six levels which alternate between side and vertical scrolling, each of them ending with a powerful guardian. Throughout the game, destroying certain enemies will release power ups which can be used to equip your ship with more powerful weapons, extra speed, and shields. Gameplay is for one player or two players simultaneously.
- "アーケードアーカイブス 沙羅曼蛇" -- Japanese Nintendo Switch / PS4 spelling
- "沙羅曼蛇" -- Japanese / Traditional Chinese spelling
- "沙罗曼蛇" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Salamander (Life Force)" -- Brazilian CCE's Top Game title
- "Salamander" -- Japanese Arcade/MSX title
- "Salamander" -- European title
- "Life Force Salamander" -- European NES title
- "Lifeforce" -- NES title screen
- "Arcade Archives: Salamander" -- European & Japanese Nintendo Switch / PS4 title
- "Arcade Archives: Life Force" -- Nintendo Switch / PS4 title
Part of the Following Groups
There are no reviews for the Amstrad CPC release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||Oct, 1990||65 out of 100||65|
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesThe Arcade version of Salamander appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
AnimeThere was an Anime based on Life Force. It was called Salamander, made in 1988, and only released in Japan and the U.K. Sadly, all three episodes are out of print in both countries.
- October 1988 (issue #13) - Included in the Top-100 list of 1987/1988 (editorial staff selection)
- Commodore Force
- December 1993 (Issue 13) – #90 “Readers' Top 100”
- Commodore Format
- July 1993 (Issue 34) - Modern Classics: Shoot-'em-ups (Check 'em out)
Related Web Sites
- Wikipedia: Salamander (Article in the open encyclopedia)
Martin Smith (74227) added Life Force (Amstrad CPC) on Jul 31, 2005