Mission Elevator (Amstrad CPC)

Also For
Written by  :  pophase (8)
Written on  :  May 11, 2006
Platform  :  Amstrad CPC
Rating  :  3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars3.25 Stars
read more reviews by pophase

Summary

Trench coat invasion!

The Good

I must have been 7 or 8 years old when my father brought home Mission Elevator. And after the initial euphoric two months (and getting stuck at the same level again and again) I kept coming back to it on a regular basis. Being this young I didn't figure out the scheme the enemies would fire at me and thus got stuck at the same floors over and over again. It took me a while, but when I finally made it to the top, it was one of my happiest days in my life. Plus, the karate jump the hero did was hilarious - but lethal!

The Bad

If you wanted to open a door or examine something, you had to crouch and push the joystick into the direction of the object you wanted to examine. Bad thing is - there were sockets all over the place, and accidentally examining one of these killed you instantly. That was a real bummer!

The Bottom Line

You start running around, taking elevators, killing those pesky trench coat wearing agents that would fall to slump when hit, opening doors and be either presented with an enemy that shoots you if you hesitate too long (depends on the floor you're at) to shoot him, or a nice woman that would smile at you (don't shoot!), or one of the employees of the hotel that would tell you a part of the needed code. Then back to shooting agents, maybe gambling at one of the tables (can't remember what you could win though), avoiding examination of sockets.. and always up, up up! Getting more and more difficult, until you finally find the bomb. Hope you brought all code parts!