DescriptionBased on the Belgian comic book, "Les Tuniques Bleues", this strategy game allows you to replay the American Civil War from both the North and the South sides.
In the strategy part of the game, you can move your troops on a map of the US. If two opposing armies enter the same state, the battle is played out in an action sequence. Additional action sequences must be accomplished when capturing an enemy fort or train.
The game also offers a two-player-mode.
- "ノース＆サウス わくわく南北戦争" -- Japanese spelling
- "ノース アンド サウス わくわく南北戦争" -- Japanese (NES) media spelling
- "North & South: Wakuwaku Nanboku Sensō" -- Japanese title
- "North and South: Wakuwaku Nanboku Sensō" -- Japanese (NES) media title
- "North and South" -- US NES title
- "Les Tuniques Bleues - Nord et Sud" -- Informal French title
Part of the Following Groups
- Bluecoats / Les Tuniques Bleues licensees
- Green Pepper releases
- Historical conflict: American Civil War
- Inspiration: Comics
- North & South series
There are no reviews for the Amstrad CPC release of this game. You can use the links below to write your own review or read reviews for the other platforms of this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
1001 Video GamesNorth & South appears in the book 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die by General Editor Tony Mott.
InspirationThe game is based on the European comic book series, "Les Tuniques Bleues" (known in English as "The Blue Jackets") as drawn and created by Cauvin and Lambil. It is set during the American Civil War. The manual has background information about this and a short humorous summary of the main characters that appear in the game from the comic books. There are also drawings throughout the manual.
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.