Steam Store Description (from Ad Blurbs)
Stop the creeps in this nostalgic action roguelite!
Halloween night. A sleepy town called Creekside. A mysterious whirring jolts you from your sugar coma. As you peer out the window, wiping the sleep from your eyes, you question your sanity: Hordes of Creeps assemble around ominous antennas! Where are the cops?! Where are the adults?! Is no one going to stop this?! It turns out that the nefarious Dr. Apollyon opened a portal to the Bottomless Pit. It’s going to be up to you to stop Dr. Apollyon before he takes over the world! But first, save Creekside so we can all get back to trick-or-treating!
You play as a reluctant, middle-school hero named Squirt who awakens on Halloween to discover his town overrun by Creeps. Squirt’s weapons of warfare are randomized guns and costumes with unique abilities. Squirt’s gun has randomized attributes; deplete Squirt’s ammo, and Squirt will automatically switch to another randomized gun. Collect upgrade tokens to permanently unlock new ammo types. Roguelite means lots of deaths, but store upgrades, ammo unlocks, costume unlocks and money carryover. Five distinct zones make up Creekside; complete objectives to advance to the next zone.
Creekside Creep Invasion garners inspiration from the gameplay of Binding of Isaac and Nuclear Throne; the contemporary sub/urban setting of old school games like TMNT arcade, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, and River City Ransom; and a dash of the whimsy of EarthBound mixed in.
- Full story between levels; set in 1989 on Halloween night.
- Randomized guns with over 20 unique ammo types and combo versions that transform when you reload.
- Your gun randomizes ammo type, single shot, double shot, triple shot, combo shot(2 ammo types at once), bullet speed, rate of fire, range and damage every time you reload.
- Upgrade seven stats and find power-ups, rare power-ups and power-downs.
- Over 100 perk based armor pieces to find and equip in five armor slots.
- Armor is equipped on pick up replacing your current armor with you only knowing what you got after you equip it, some armor has negative attributes. Armor also has durability and must be repaired to keep using it. You like that baseball bat? Well you only have one more map to repair it or you loose it.
- Over 20 Costumes, each having a Super variant. Costumes all have unique passive and activated abilities.
- Handcrafted/procedural levels with bonus rare areas to discover. Maps are handcrafted and connected procedurally to create levels.
- Permanent unlocks and store upgrades. Unlock tons of ammo types, costumes and upgrade your mini-mart with an ATM, a lotto machine, extra stock and more.
- Dozens of enemy types, with new enemy types appearing in every new area.
- Tons of surprises and secrets.
- 60 fps
- Full Controller / keyboard & mouse support\
There are no Windows user screenshots for this game.
There are 21 other screenshots from other versions of this game or official promotional screenshots.
There are no reviews for this game.
There are no critic reviews for this game.
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- Creekside Creep Invasion (official website)
There are no game credits on file for this release of the game. Everything in MobyGames is contributable by users.