Not an American user?
DescriptionCrusader Kings is a real-time (but pause-able) strategy game based on the Europa Universalis engine that focuses on the feudal kingdoms of medieval Europe in the time period of 1066 to 1419 A.D.
Those familiar with EU & EU2 will find the game easy recognizable, but quite different in many aspects. Gone are the diplomats, merchants and mercenaries, to be replace by a much more intriguing and quite different diplomatic system.
You can start the game as ruler of a multitude of different kingdoms, as well as hundred of different dukedoms or counts. Increase your prestige and wealth by fighting for the pope, liege, king and country or just for yourself. Move yourself into position for further expansion by arranging marriages for you, your court members or vassals. Assimilate, assassinate, claim or plain simple meet them on the battlefield, those that will not yell to you or your liege.
Fight with the Popes blessing in far of lands and gain wealth and glory – if you can! Create titles for new assimilate land and pass them down to children, court members, brothers, sisters etc.. to insure the survival of your dynastic.
The three scenarios of the game are: the Battle of Hastings (1066), the Third Crusade (1187), and the Hundred Years War (started in 1337). Playable factions include various European states, Byzantium, Kingdom of Jerusalem, and others.
There are no promo images for this game
- "十字军之王" -- Simplified Chinese spelling
- "Крестоносцы" -- Russian spelling
- "Ristirüütlite Kuningad" -- Estonian title
- "Krestonoscy" -- Russian title
- "Europa Universalis: Mroczne Wieki" -- Polish title
Part of the Following Groups
- Crusader Kings series
- Game Engine: Europa
- Genre: Grand strategy
- Historical Conflict: Hundred Years War
- Historical Conflict: The Crusades
- Setting: Medieval Europe
There are no reviews for this game.
|Netjak||Windows||Jul 13, 2004||9.4 out of 10||94|
|GameSpot||Windows||Jun 10, 2004||8.2 out of 10||82|
|Next Level Gaming||Windows||Sep 08, 2004||80 out of 100||80|
|GameSpot (Belgium/Netherlands)||Windows||Jun 22, 2004||79 out of 100||79|
|GameZone||Windows||May 25, 2004||7.9 out of 10||79|
|Inside Mac Games (IMG)||Macintosh||Oct 19, 2005||7.75 out of 10||78|
|Jeuxvideo.com||Windows||Jun 29, 2004||15 out of 20||75|
|Adrenaline Vault, The (AVault)||Windows||Aug 27, 2004||60|
|PC Games (Germany)||Windows||May 01, 2004||60 out of 100||60|
|GameStar (Germany)||Windows||May, 2004||52 out of 100||52|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- "King me!" (GiN interviews Fredrik Lindgren, Head of Sales and Marketing for Paradox, "about the strategy genre, real time versus turn based games, how Crusader Kings was different from any other strategy game, and how in the world they got so much historical detail into the title." )
- Paradox Forum - Crusader Kings (All about Crusader Kings, - news, bugs, AAR, modifications, Tech support etc..)
Windows Credits (15 people)
14 developers, 1 thanks
Wave Generation, Michael ElmanSpecial Thanks:
All the People of our Forum FORZA DJURGÅR'N