DescriptionThe game is set in the Isles of the Western Sea, where the Lord of the Isles has forged the Dark Sceptre to defeat the invading Northlanders, but they seized the Sceptre and absorbed its power, becoming the Lords of the Shadow. The isles are now gripped by evil and ruled by the Sceptre, and the forces of the Isles must find and destroy the Dark Sceptre itself.
Dark Sceptre is essentially a small-scale real-time strategy game. There are seven teams of warriors roaming the Isles, each indicated by a colour. Umbrarg's Warriors are the Shadow Lords, and are red, while white marks your own team. The five sets of fighters in between should begin the game neutrally, and both you and the Shadow Lords can try to beat or befriend these warriors, as you see fit.
Each team is made up of men of various qualities, from Thanes to Thralls. The Thane is the team commander, without whom the entire company will be more readily defeated. A Thrall is a simple underling, a pawn in comparison to other more complex characters like Mystics, Heralds, Savages and Assassins. Each has its own style of headwear, such as crowns, turbans and helmets.
You have indirect control over your forces, able to tell them to scan an area for hostile warriors, keep an eye out for them, or carry out various orders. You can follow, protect, threaten or ambush warriors, use spells such as Charm and Petrify (turn to stone), or give or use objects.
There are no promo images for this game
There are no reviews for this game.
|Your Sinclair||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1988||9 out of 10||90|
|The Games Machine (UK)||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1987||90 out of 100||90|
|Crash!||ZX Spectrum||Dec, 1987||88 out of 100||88|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||ZX Spectrum||Jan, 1988||856 out of 1000||86|
|Computer and Video Games (CVG)||ZX Spectrum||Feb, 1988||8 out of 10||80|
|ACE (Advanced Computer Entertainment)||Amstrad CPC||Jun, 1988||740 out of 1000||74|
|Amstrad Action||Amstrad CPC||Jun, 1988||47 out of 100||47|
There are currently no topics for this game.
There is no trivia on file for this game.
Related Web Sites
- CPC-Power (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; game packaging; manual digitalizations; goodies; advertisement; magazine reviews; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- CPCRrulez (in French) (For Amstrad CPC: game database entry; advertisement; game packaging; downloadable releases; additional material.)
- Museum of Computer Adventure Game History (Firebird, ZX Spectrum) (For ZX Spectrum: game packaging; manuals; media; additional material.)
- The Tipshop (For ZX Spectrum: a central archive for all Spectrum and SAM games hints, tips, cheats, maps, hacks and pokes.)
- Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Encyclopaedic entry for the combined platforms of the game.)
- World of Spectrum (For ZX Spectrum: downloadable releases; additional material including – cassette inlay, advertisement, instructions; remakes links; player reviews; magazine references; magazine adverts.)
- ZX-Art - online archive of pixel art and 8-bit music (For ZX Spectrum: music, credits, pixel art. artist's graphics artwork.)