DescriptionDeathkeep is a first-person perspective single-player role-playing game with a touch of medieval AD&D gameplay in a full 3D environment.
Apparently another hero is stuck in a underground cavern crawling with monsters. This time they have to defeat an evil Necromancer located somewhere in the lower levels. To get to him they have to fight through 25 dungeons (each 8 floors) filled with horrific monsters who never heard of dental care.
Three different characters can be chosen as the hero:
1. Dwarven male Fighter
2. Half-Elven male Fighter
3. Elven female Mage
These classes offer different combat capabilities:
- The Dwarven Fighter focuses more on melee close combat with minimal (axe-throwing) ranged and almost no magical capabilities.
- The Half-elven Fighter, or more precisely Ranger, focuses on non-magical ranged combat with his favorite bow. Possesses medium melee combat capabilities and some magical capabilities.
- The Elven Mage focuses all her might in magical offense and defense. Spells may be found or learned as experience grows. Don't get too close to the enemy since a walking stick doesn't do much damage to bloodthirsty monsters!
There are no promo images for this game
Part of the Following Groups
- Dungeons & Dragons (D&D / AD&D) licensees
- Fantasy Creatures: Dwarves
- Fantasy Creatures: Elves
- Genre: Dungeon Crawler
|It's amazing how nauseous you get after playing hours of hours of FPS games...||3DO||Indra was here (20928)|
|GamePro (US)||3DO||Apr, 1996||5 out of 5||100|
|Mega Fun||3DO||Jan, 1996||77 out of 100||77|
|Video Games & Computer Entertainment||3DO||Feb, 1996||7 out of 10||70|
|GameSpot||Windows||Jun 13, 1996||5.4 out of 10||54|
|Coming Soon Magazine||Windows||Dec, 1996||51 out of 100||51|
|PC Player (Germany)||Windows||Jul, 1996||40|
|Gamesmania.de||Windows||1996||40 out of 100||40|
|High Score||Windows||Aug, 1996||1 out of 5||20|
|Computer Gaming World (CGW)||Windows||Oct, 1996||20|
|Online Gaming Review (OGR)||Windows||Jun 22, 1996||1 out of 10||10|
|Topic||# Posts||Last Post|
|Absolutely Amazing Game||4||Indra was here (20928)
Feb 26, 2009
Cover artThe game box's cover features a painting by artist David Dorman, earlier used as the front cover to David Collins and Skip Williams' 1989 Greyhawk module "Gargoyle".